Buckbeak's Revenge: Year 3

"Yeh climb up there, jus' behind the wing joint an' mind yeh don' pull any of his feathers out, he won' like that..." Hagrid instructed, watching as Harry tugged himself onto Buckbeaks's back. "Go on, then!"

Hagrid tapped the hippogriff's hindquarters gently, and he flew off.

Harry went pale in the face, barely wrapping his arms tightly around Buckbeak's neck in time. Amisty watched with wide eyes, her mouth slightly open, as she watched them circle the padlock once and then start heading back to the ground.

As they touched down, Harry squeezed his eyes shut.

With a soft thump and the color rushing back to Harry's face, he slipped off Buckbeak. The whole class erupted into cheers... except for Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle, of course.

"Good work, Harry! Okay, who else wants to go?" Hagrid bellowed, turning to the rest of them with a glow in his eyes.

Hermione and Amisty traded looks before crawling over the fence and heading over to a slightly more gentle looking chestnut hippogriff with Ron.

Harry had stood on the side, done with his lesson.

Amisty made eye contact with the creature, trying to ignore the air stinging her eyes as she bowed. To her surprise, it bowed as well.

She approached cautiously, barely touching its beak as she patted him. A scream almost left her mouth as the hippogriff nuzzled her hand, moving it to the top of his head.

Ron and Hermione stared at her, their shocked expressions slowly morphing into ones of amusement.

"You're so sweet..." Amisty whispered softly, a smile tugging on the corner of her lips as she laughed gently.

He let out a small muffled noise in reply, something that sounded like a soft bird call and a horse's neigh.

She stepped away after stroking the hippogriff between his eyes once more, wanting Ron to get his turn when Malfoy's drawl reached her ears.

It seemed to be a voice she could never tune out properly.

"This is very easy. I knew it must have been, if Potter could do it... I bet you're not dangerous at all, are you? Are you, you great ugly brute?" He smirked.

She whirled around, about to shout a warning when Buckbeaks's talons flashed out and scored their way along his arm.

He screamed, falling to the ground with blood gushing from the cut along his arm.

Hagrid was over in an instant, dragging Buckbeak away as he fought to finish Malfoy off.

Amisty's hand flew to her mouth, just in time to muffle her own whimper.

"I'm dying! I'm dying, look at me! It's killed me!" He wailed, cradling his arm as his face paled even more than usual.

"Yer not dyin'! Someone help me -- gotta get him outta here -- " Hagrid rambled, lifting the platinum haired boy up off the ground.

Amisty ran to the gate, holding it open as Hagrid passed.

Once again, Draco and Amisty's eyes locked, wide green to clouding grey.

The gash in his arm was worse than Amisty had thought, deep and long with the blood being an alarmingly dark crimson.

She ran her fingers over the pawprint on her golden ring unknowingly, her stomach twisting in concern.

The grass was splattered with the blood, somehow a familiar sight to Amisty, though she didn't know why. Without even asking first she chased after Hagrid, taking care to stay at his side.