Passing Notes: Year 3/Summer

All of them got a kiss from Mrs. Weasley, something that Amisty felt very embarrassed and pleased about.

She gave Harry an extra hug, a strange look in her eyes as she looked down at him.

"Do take care, won't you, Harry?" She smiled at him before opening up her handbag. "I've made you all sandwiches... Here you are, Ron... no, they're not corned beef... Fred? Where's Fred? Here you are, dear...."

She went down the line, ending with Amisty getting a roast beef and cheese sandwich, something she couldn't wait to eat.

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley," She smiled up at her as she received the sandwich, her heart warm.

"You're welcome, my dear. Now," Mrs. Weasley replied, turning back to the rest of them, "all of you find a compartment and stay safe. You hear that?"

"Yes, Mother," Fred replied professionally, somehow managing to keep a straight face.

"Of course we will," George nodded enthusiastically, earning a glare from his mother.

"You two will make sure they behave, right?" Mrs. Weasley turned to Hermione and Amisty.

"Of course we will!" Hermione replied brightly, nodding and crossing her arms Amisty took a bit longer to reply, getting two very knowing looks from the twins.

"I'll try..." Amisty replied, earning celebratory nudges when Mrs. Weasley turned her back.

"Alright, everyone get on the train now, before you're late," She ushered them towards the open doors.

They followed her directions, hurrying in. Fred and George disappeared almost immediately, probably joining Lee Jordan in their own compartment.

Hermione, Ron, and Ginny were all still crowded around the carriage door, waiting for Harry to board.

"Arthur! Arthur, what are you doing? It's about to go!" Mrs. Weasley called, waving frantically toward her husband, who was still speaking with Harry.

"He's coming, Molly!" Mr. Weasley shouted back, continuing to speak with Harry quietly.

The train whistled after a few more seconds and guards were walking down the side of the train and closing the doors.

All four of them leaped back as the guard closed the door to their carriage.

"Arthur, quickly!" Mrs. Weasley's voice was muffled through the door, her distress clear on her face.

Harry raced toward the train, Ron forced open the carriage door, and Harry jumped in. Once he was situated, they all leaned out the window and waved goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley as the train rounded the corner.

"I need to talk to you in private," Harry whispered, careful to not let Ginny hear as the train gained speed.

"Go away, Ginny," Ron ordered, still peeved after his and Percy's argument that morning.

"Oh, that's nice," Ginny huffed, stomping away with one last glare at her brother.

Amisty rolled her eyes, stepping on Ron's foot heavily before they grabbed their trunks and animal cages and followed after Harry to find an empty compartment.

All of them were packed except one at the very back, where a weathered man was sitting next to the window.

He looked young, but his hair was speckled with grey and his face was tired and very pale. His clothes were torn and messily repaired almost everywhere.

"Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron whispered as they all took seats as far from the window as possible after they tucked their trunks up into the luggage rack above their heads.