Arriving At The Field: Year 4/Summer

At a time far too early, even for Amisty, Mrs. Weasley pushed open the door to the girls' bedroom and shook them awake gently.

"Good morning, you three, everyone else is already waiting downstairs," She whispered, closing the door behind her as they got ready.

Amisty tugged on a pair of shorts and white top, rubbing her eyes as she brushed her hair. And then, once they were all ready, walked down to the kitchen.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny asked, rubbing her own eyes as she claimed a seat at the table.

"We've got a bit of a walk," Mr. Weasley explained, in his hands a stack of tickets.

"Walk? What, are we walking to the World Cup?" Harry asked curiously from his seat.

"No, no, that's miles away. We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention," Mr. Weasley shook his head, smiling. "We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup -- "

"George!" Mrs. Weasley snapped, her voice sharp as a blade.

"What?" George asked innocently, though his attempts at feigning harmlessness fool no one.

"What is that in your pocket?" Mrs. Weasley asked, eyes narrowed.

"Nothing!" He raised his hands as if surrendering.

"Don't you lie to me!" She exclaimed, pointing her wand at his pocket. "Accio!"

A handful of brightly colored candies burst out of his pocket and right into Mrs. Weasley's outstretched hands, George's grabs to get them proving useless.

"We told you to destroy them! We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on, both of you!"

So they did, but even then Mrs. Weasley didn't seem satisfied. Her motherly instincts did prevail, and with several more Summoning Charms, she managed to get them all.

"We spent six months developing those!" Fred shouted angrily, watching as she threw the toffees away.

"Oh a fine way to spend six months! No wonder you didn't get more O.W.L.s!" She shrieked back.

It was rather awkward when they went to leave.

Fred and George left without a word.

"Well, have a lovely time and behave yourselves," The last bit was directed at the twins. "I'll send Bill, Charlie, and Percy along around midday."

They left the warmth of the house, greeted by the cool, misty air of the night, their way illuminated by the silvery light of the moon.

On the distant horizon, there was a faint tinge of yellow, the only hint of day. Ginny, Hermione, and Amisty all dragged behind, still trying and failing to wake themselves up.

But Amisty, per usual, always heard everything around her.

"So where does everyone get there without all the Muggles noticing?" Harry was asking Mr. Weasley.

"It's been a massive organizational problem. The trouble is, about a hundred thousand wizards turn up at the World Cup, and of course, we just haven't got a magical site big enough to accommodate them all. There are places Muggles can't penetrate, but imagine trying to pack a hundred thousand wizards into Diagon Alley or platform nine and three-quarters. So we had to find a nice deserted moor, and set up as many anti-Muggle precautions as possible.