48 HOURS

Chapter 10

I'm terrified.

Looking down towards the black hole underneath me that scared me to death. If I fall, I die. I had always been afraid of heights but this was being tested on a whole new level. Never had I imagined to end up in a situation even close to this.

All I could see was darkness. I told myself not to look down but there was something so intriguing about it that I couldn't help myself anymore. My heart was pounding and I knew that if I told Justin I was this scared, he would literally drag me down from here. So instead, I didn't say anything but closed my eyes and hoped for the best.

It was a big step to take and I knew that it wouldn't help me to just stretch out my legs and reach the other side. I would have to jump.

My plans were to take the biggest jump of my life, literally, and hope to reach far enough. There was a little staircase I could hang onto to make sure I wouldn't fall down afterwards or in case I missed and slipped. Only the thought of it completely messed with my head and I could feel myself take deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

All I could do was jump and I didn't have much time left. I had already been sitting here, staring down at the black hole underneath me for far too long. I think hours had passed since I climbed up here. It was like my body had frozen because the minute I sat down, I couldn't figure out how to stand up again. I wanted nothing but to get rid of this but at the same time I was arfraid of what would happen once I did.

I should stop hesitating because I knew that the longer I waited, the harder it would be to actually do it. I was growing more afraid for each second that passed, which made me think that if I had done this when I climbed out here we could have already been out of this elevator. I had waited for what felt like a whole day and I realised that the jump would be terryifing if I waited even longer.

"Sierra, I changed my mind," Justin called from underneath. His voice wasn't as freaked out as I felt but I could definitely hear the regret in his voice, telling me to change my mind too. It would be hard to convince me after this many minutes of sitting here. I remember that he had called my name a few times, trying to get in touch with me from inside the elevator but I had ignored him each time. My mouth was shut and there was no way I could open it, all I could feel was the dryness that came from within, "Sierra, please, listen to me, don't do it."

Once again, I tried to open my mouth to tell him an answer. Tell him that I was going to do it because there was no other way for us to get out but I couldn't. I did stand up though and I think he thought for a second that I would come back inside the elevator. He was wrong. I was going to do it, I couldn't wait longer. It would mess things up for us and I was done being stuck in this stupid elevator.

I was hungry, tired and I wanted to take a long hot shower.

"Sierra," I don't know if it was just my imagination but I thought I could hear Justin's voice clearer now. It sounded louder to me. Before I could turn around to look at him, I felt two pair of hands around each of my ankles.

"Shit," I cursed as I could feel myself lose balance quickly. I let out a loud squeal, letting him know that I was taken by surprise and that if he didn't let go I would probably fall. But he didn't release his grip immediately on me. Instead, he began to push me towards him.