AFTER: PART 7

Chapter 17

The next morning was quiet. It was bright outside as I tried to somewhat cook breakfast. Since I had been travelling, I barely had anything to use for the breakfast which reminded me that I had to go grocery shopping. Yet, I successfully had made a regular breakfast that I was certain he would appreciate.

"Good morning," I smiled widely as I saw Justin get into the kitchen. His hair was messy and he wasn't wearing a shirt. I tried my best to keep my eyes away from any danger zones. We didn't have that time right now.

I watched him yawn cutely and I noticed immediately how much better his balance and walking was than yesterday. He seemed to have noticed too because he was in an unusually good mood after everything that went down yesterday.

"You cooking?" His smile was wide and before I had the chance to answer, his arms had found their way around my waist and he was holding me tightly, "Smells amazing, honey."

I shivered at the nickname, goosebumps forming over my entire body as I felt the butterflies go off in all places I could possibly think of. It was a long time ago since I felt this way with someone and I only know realise what true love must feel like.

He kissed the side of my neck as I realised I had to ask the obvious, "How are you going to be working from here?"

"My work's flexible, babe," Justin chuckled as if it was the most obvious thing in the entire world. I knew he said earlier that it's not a long-term thing, working from Seattle, but that he could fix things for now. He'd fix things with his job to make sure it fits with my life. So that he could be with me. I don't know why I found that to be so romantic, "I write songs, Sierra, you can do that from wherever."

"Oh," I said, realising how little I knew about him and his life as an artist. 

I had no idea what it was like to work as a celebrity. What it was like being one. All I know is that his life is hectic and he'd taken his time to be with me and for that, I should be grateful. I put him in danger and yet, he chooses to spend his time with me. It was sweet, I really appreciated it. His face was still swollen and his nose slightly bigger than usual but I didn't tell him any of that. I'm sure he already knew that he wasn't looking his best and he didn't need anyone to point it out to him.

Justin's cocky sometimes but he's also very vulnerable on the inside, it's clear to see. He tries to cover it up, act as if he doesn't care what other people think about him but I know he does care. I know that deep inside, he's easy to affect. Easy to change. I feel bad for him. Sometimes he's shining by insecurities and that's not anything a person wants. But at the end of the day, it only reminded me to work harder to make him understand that I was completely head over heels with him and literally nothing could make me think differently.

"What about you?" He asked, interrupting the comfortable silence surrounding us. I wish I could tell him that I had taken time off my work to spend my day with him but unfortunately, that was not the case at all.

"I start within two hours," My smile faded at the thought of leaving him by himself in my apartment. Not only was I afraid that he might not be safe, considering Benjamin knew where we were and that Justin was going to stay here for a while, but also because he would have no one to talk to. He would be by himself, in my apartment, doing what? 

Justin sighed, "That sucks. How long will you be gone?"

"My work shift is between nine and seven," I closed my eyes, the thought of having to stand in a hotel lobby and greet guests made me want to puke. I worked as a receptionist, pretty much every single day includes weekends. Every other week I had a day off, usually on a Tuesday or Thursday. Never Fridays, rarely Saturdays. I hated the schedule but it was great money and it wasn't a bad job. I appreciated the fact that I at least had a job.