AFTER: PART 11

Chapter 21

I watched my phone light up for the fifth time within a couple of minutes. The past few hours, I had blocked at least seven different unknown numbers who kept calling. Ever since yesterday's call, it's only gotten worse. A part of me wanted to turn off the phone, perhaps even throw it in Justin's pool, but I also knew that I would have to turn it on sooner or later anyway. It was the only way to get a hold of me now that I was here in Los Angeles. I had to be able to pick up the phone if someone from work called, or a friend or family member.

I hadn't told Justin about the continuing phone calls. We had together decided that we would spend the day inside but that I would go and pick up lunch somewhere. He didn't want to come with me and in all honesty, I didn't want him to either. It wasn't the most fun experience to walk the streets with him. It would take less time if I did it myself.

So, here I was, staring at my phone as the Uber chauffeur drove me to the location I had previously told him to. I was going to pick up Indian food, I had already ordered and the Uber has promised to stay and wait for me meanwhile I actually pick the food up. So that I wouldn't have to order a new one.

It wouldn't take long, maximum five minutes.

"It's right here," I told him, groaning slightly as I felt the vibrations go off in my pocket again. Would they never stop? "You can pull up here, I'll be ten minutes. Thank you so much for waiting."

I heard him mumble a no problem back but I was barely listening. All I wanted was to get that food, get back in the car and cuddle up with Justin on the couch with a movie. I knew he was preparing for that and I couldn't wait to come home again. I could already tell we would have such a cosy day together, just enjoying each other's company. It just feels like forever since we spent time together, considering we spent so many weeks apart. 

Pushing the door to the restaurant open, I stepped in with my wallet already prepared. I sideglanced the old couple sitting in the corner eating from each other's plates as if they were in their early twenties, noticing that they were basically the only people sitting in this place.

"Have you ordered?"

I nodded, seeing the food ready on their counter and hoping that it would be mine, "Yes, I called in."

"What did you have?" He asked and I told him what I had written down on my hand, once again, we had ordered too much food for the two of us and we still had that Chinese food over from last night. Justin throws a lot of his food away and that's very unfortunate but for some reason, I didn't stop him when he asked if I could pick up Indian, "Your orders ready in a minute."

"Okay," I smiled and went through with the paying in the meantime.

I then sat down on one of the high chairs, glancing at the TV that was showing an episode of The Simpsons. Rolling my eyes, because I literally never believed in stupid shows like that, I heard the door make a little ring noise which told the entire restaurant that someone new has entered the building.

My eyes widened when I turned the attention to that person in curiosity, not expecting to see a familiar face.

"Ellie?" I said, my wide eyes opening slightly more to make sure I wasn't seeing this wrong. The girl looked at me with confusion as she heard her name until she saw who it was and her lips burst out into a smile. I instantly got up from the chair and walked up to her, threw my arms around her as I completely forgot about our fight, "Oh my God! What are you doing here?"