1. Cleaning House

-This is my entry into #Maleclovely's newest contest! - 

Alec woke up a little chipper than normal

Alec woke up a little chipper than normal. He looked over at his still sleeping boyfriend. Magnus was beautiful, even when he wasn't covered in the god-awful glitter and layers of makeup. Trying to convince him otherwise was a different battle, one that Alec knew was a lost cause.

He reached for his phone and saw the time. 5:42. It would be at least a couple more hours before Magnus would be awake, and Alec was off all his duties today, he'd have to find something to do.

He got up as gracefully as possible, only bumping his knee against the bed frame once and stubbing his pinky toe twice, new record. Whatever grace, agility, and overall balance he had in his career as a shadowhunter, clearly did not transfer to the Alec Magnus knew and loved.

Alec knelt in front of the dresser, pulling out his drawer and taking out a very comfortable pair of fading black sweatpants. They had been dating several months now, 7 months 2 weeks 4 days to be exact, but Alec wasn't keeping track at least not to a point he'd admit it. He remembered fondly the day Magnus had toyed with the idea of letting him have his own drawer. Magnus had pretended to be casual about it when deep inside he was burning to ask him. Secretly it meant he could sleep in Alec's shirts on the long nights where he had to work. Alec slid the pants on and made his way out of the room, shutting the door behind him, as he made his way into the kitchen.

Alec's good mood followed him into the kitchen as he started the coffee maker and popped a piece of bread into the toaster. Before long, his coffee was ready and he had spread butter on his toast, sitting on the couch, his still warm toast in hand. He grabbed his phone and read through some of the mundane news taking a bike of the buttery bread. A headline caught his attention 'New York Zoo welcomes 2 new pandas,' Alec smiled, ok that was cute.

It was 6:20 when he took the last swallow of his coffee, he had become deeply engulfed in the story of Momo and Joni the baby pandas. A dorky smile on his face that he was grateful no one was there to see, he'd have to hint at Magnus that maybe they could visit. Behind his mask of a cold hearted shadowhunter, he could admit, he had a soft spot for furry creatures especially black and white ones. Pandas were cool and came second to his other love, cows.

He stood to head back to the kitchen when he dropped his phone under the table, bending down was when he saw it. The long-lost city of dust bunnies that apparently bordered the haunted caverns of hacked up cat hair. When was the last time Magnus had cleaned under here??

He shot back up a lightbulb going off to a genius thought, he knew he could do something to make Magnus happy to have him there. HE COULD CLEAN! At the institute, he was always the organized one, cleaning after Jace and Isabelle when they left clothes and dishes lying everywhere. He was sure Magnus would appreciate the gesture

With plan in mind Alec turned on the rainbow speakers Magnus kept on the bookshelf to play some music and got to work.

Magnus P.O.V

Even though he had tried to be silent, Magnus still awoke to the soft stream of curses leaving his Alexander's mouth. Magnus chuckled softly to himself before rolling over and going back to bed. It would be an absolute crime to wake up fully now and deny himself quality beauty rest.

The second time he awoke he grumbled to himself before throwing his legs off the bed. He ran his hand across his eyes waking away the remnants of sleep that were still there. He talked himself into getting up and reached for his robe from the chair. The golden tint of his skin was met lovingly by the silken material of his nightgown, an Ombre color shifting from a burning red at the top and ending at a bright golden trim at his ankles. It made him feel ferocious and fabulous all at once.

He normally at this point would have made his way into the bathroom to work on his makeup, but today he was curious, he made his way to the living room, following the soft trail of music. He peeked his head past the door and felt a smile on his face.

Alec was shaking his hips to the music a little off beat but still amazing. He stared at him a little bit longer, appreciating the curve of his shoulders, and blessing the angel that he had decided not to wear a shirt.

In between his adorkable dancing, Alec was sweeping underneath the furniture, using his muscles to move things around and trap all the dust.

He moved closer to see the full show, Alec now using the broom as a dance partner. Magnus laughed, he had struggled so much to get Alec to dance with him, apparently all it took was a dirty lounging space and 80's music.

Magnus could feel his heart about to explode, loving the sight, he pulled out his phone and snapped a handful of pictures. He didn't think ANYTHING could make this moment any better, and was happy when he was proven wrong 10 seconds later.

The song switched the beginning beats of a different song as Alec stopped. Magnus looked on had he been discovered watching him?

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, Never gonna run around and desert you" Alec sang along loudly, and horribly, by the Angel that boy was a dork.

The dancing picked up again as the shadowhunter flailed dramatically across the floor. Still wiggling his hips to the music singing along to the old song. Magnus let out a small chuckle, he had never been so happy in his life to be rick roll'd, and he loved that Alec's old soul liked this song. The singing got louder and Magnus tapped record, this would definitely be used against him in the future.

"We've known each other for so long, your heart's been aching but you're too shy- "Alec stopped mid verse turning around and spotting him the phone still in his hands.

Magnus finally stopped recording and let out the laugh he had been holding.

"How much did you see?" asked Alec, red in the face and contemplating jumping out the open window.

"Not enough my dear Alexander" he was disappointed that the show had ended "is it out of the question to ask for an encore?"

I Have marked this as a part one, though I did try to make it to where it can be ended with just this chapter

Again, this is my entry for Maleclovely's contest prompt being a basic domestic day. :D 
Second chapter will be up in a moment.