1. Alec Down the Rabbit Hole

-No it's not deja Vu! I have deleted and will be reuploading my entry to Maleclovely's alternate universe challenge. Some mild changes and perhaps an additional chapter! This is all in an alternate universe, no character has remained themselves! :D Let's see how much trouble Mundane Alec and SeelieKing Magnus can get into! :D- 

The King of the Court invites YOU, to his night of angels and demons masquerade event.

Alec read the note for maybe the hundredth time. He'd memorized it by now, but still couldn't help but to run his eyes through it again.

To all children of the dark and Angel alike, whatever you may be. Join the Seelie as we partake in an evening of pleasures and delight. Whatever your taste, you will find it on the court.

On the Twenty first day of the ninth mundane month. Come at your earliest discretion. Central park. Just past the stream where the reflection shows your soul.

Alec held the note closely to his chest, the fluttering of nerves in his stomach. Today was the 21st of September, it had to be today. Question was. How would he go? Alec had found the invitation several days past, it wasn't exactly meant for him, but something about it screamed for him to go. So here he was. Searching for something, Jace trailed behind him. Jace, his brother and best friend, went along mostly due to the shock of Alec wanting to come to this party.

"So, what are we looking for exactly?" Asked Jace. The mask he'd made resting on top of his head.

"Not sure. The invitation said, central park, by the stream"

"That's it? No number or address? And no time. Maybe we are just really early"

"Jace, its 7pm! The party if there is one should be in full swing!" he said out, already starting to doubt his decision to come.

"Hate to break it to you Alec, but you aren't exactly a party expert for one. Secondly, everyone knows the real parties don't start until after the sun has set. Just saying. Not everyone is an eternal old man who likes to go to bed before 9pm"

"I do NOT go to bed before 9!" he protested weakly.

"Oh, right, my bad. 10pm. 11 when you are being WILD!" Joked his brother smacking his arm playfully.

"Whatever Jace! Was this idea not mine? See I can be spontaneous!"

"Yeah. Inviting me to a party, that may or may not exist, using an invitation that may or may not have been found on the floor of the library. Such spontaneous prowl. My kudos to you"

"Jace?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up"

The pair continued to walk. Alec had been wearing his poorly made mask, too afraid to stumble on the party without it, but also hoping maybe no one would recognize him. The mask matched his soul, dark and plain, covering every piece of skin from the tip of his nose till just below his hair line. He was proud, he'd made it himself, even if it itched.

The two continued to walk aimlessly. The main stream that cut through the park held no answers as they walked all around it. Jace, although bored, would not deny his brother this. If Alec wanted to find this party, he would stay until he did. And if there wasn't one, oh well, the day was still young, he could still find something to go to if Alec wanted it. His poor brother, never wanted to go out, and the one time he did it was a dud. They continued their search, through the park, unsuccessfully.

Alec became frustrated, what was he thinking. The invitation was never meant for him. Clearly, there was some secret to this party, and those who were actually meant to know would know. He'd been foolish to think he could just crash unannounced, regardless whatever gut feeling he had was telling him, he should have stayed home. They continued to walk until they came onto the bridge, the stream practically laughing at him. He looked down at the water and saw himself with the mask. Stupid stream, stupid party, stupid mask, stupid him. He pulled off the mask and held it in his hands. Whatever he'd been hoping he'd find at this party, clearly was never meant to be. He chunked the mask into the water and looked at the ripples distort his image. He gave a final sigh and moved to walk away.

"Let's go home. There isn't a party." He said in defeat.

"Alec...." Started Jace. Disappointed for him. "We can keep waiting a little longer! It's only 8:30"

"Jace. Thanks, I know you are doing this for me, but I want to go home. I already threw out my mask. You can do the same"

"Nah, I'm rather fond of mine" he stated putting a reassuring hand on Alec's droopy shoulder.

"Let's go home. We can watch a movie, and we can pick up some pizza and ice cream on the way. Sounds good?"

"Yeah" he muttered walking away.

They made it a couple of meters away when his conscious heckled him. He above all people, shouldn't be littering, even in his frustrated mentality. Something in the water may become tangled, or choke on his silly mask. Yes it was just a small stream, but think of the turtles!

"Hey Jace.... Give me a second. I'm going to fish out my dumb mask. It's not right to leave it in the water"

"Go for it. I'll wait right here" Jace said retreating to the nearest bench and taking a seat.

Alec ran back towards the bridge, having found a fallen branch he could use, he attempted to pick it out. No such luck. He tried again this time leaning a little further over the railing. Still a little too far. He climbed onto the railing itself, trying to balance his body without falling, he reached out just enough to poke at it. One more time, he leaned past the railing, stretching as far as he could go.

"Almost there" he muttered to himself, pushing himself just one inch further. The end of the branch finally caught the string as he worked to pull the mask back up towards him. It was then, that the cosmic powers of the universe decided to torment him, as his shoe lost its footing and he went forward flailing uselessly towards the almost crystal-clear water. He closed his eyes and prepared for the impact of the shallow stream floor and the coldness of the water.

Strange. He never felt it.

-On a side note.I have kind of abandoned my previous post about amnesiac Alec. I MAY continue it, but haven't really had any idea how. So for now consider that one a sad standalone story.

★Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★