4. Painting Purple Polka-dots Poorly

Day 3

It was Saturday morning in the Lightwood-Bane home the members inside were quiet. Saturdays were sleep in days as Alec and Magnus were still under the covers. Max crawled into his parent's bed quietly. "Papa! Papa!" he called out to Magnus as the older warlock sat up slowly.

"Good morning my blueber- " Magnus stopped mid-sentence reaching over to shake Alec awake.

The shadowhunter sat up looked at his son and had to double take when he wasn't sure of what he was seeing. The little blue warlock was covered in spots. Purple sloppily painted spots.

"Papa! Rafael did this!" Cried the little boy hugging against his dad. Alec let out a laugh just as the older boy walked in.

"Well! You shouldn't have painted my hair!" he spat out at the young boy.

"Rafael what did you do to your brother??" Asked Magnus when he couldn't wipe away the purple.

"Its only koolaid! You can't magic that away!" Exclaimed the young boy before running off, remembering that the stain somehow was the most difficult to remove, even for a warlock of Magnus' caliber.

Max ran after him shooting small magic balls "you're mean!"

"you started it!"

"no!"

"yes!"

The screaming continued as both fathers looked on.

Alec gave a small laugh as Magnus looked at him. "how can you laugh? Our poor son is upset!"

"How can I not? He's polka-dotted! But come on Mags, it's not like you didn't do the same thing with Rafael and his hair and me with the glitter!"

"Yes, well I wouldn't have if you and him hadn't shaved my eyebrow!"

"Well if YOU hadn't started it with the flour!"

The pair began to bicker bringing up all the previous pranks as well as pranks from the past.

"You see Mags you don't like losing! That's the thing! If you win its great, the moment someone gets you, you are mad!"

"Alexander that is not true, you crossed the line!"

The boys in the living room chased each other around. "will you stop shooting at me!"

"Why did you paint me!"

"Why did you paint my hair!"

"I didn't!"

"Then why were your hands pink!"

"I only helped!"

"SEE!"

The bickering and screaming continued until a small knock came to the door.

"Alexander why don't you get the door"

"Why don't you magic it open? How do I know it isn't a trap?"

Magnus stopped and took a deep breath. Patience, he thought to himself. Patience.

"Who dares disturb the High Warlock of Brooklyn" He boomed reaching for the door and opening it wide.

He stopped when he saw the little girl at the door way.

"Oh, hello Catherine" He waved her in as Alec walked out of the bedroom, and the boys stopped in their tracks. Rafael diving behind the couch at the sound of her name. An angry Chairman Meow jumping out after almost being crushed by the terrified boy.

For a moment she couldn't find words as she stared unapologetically at Magnus' forehead.

"Yes, I know" he muttered before waving her in and shutting the door.

"I-" she started taking in the sight of the family. "Rafael wasn't in class yesterday, I wanted to see if he was ok, I brought his homework"

"Rafael, be a good boy and come out from behind the sofa" called his father as the boy in shame finally appeared.

Catherine's eyes went wide taking in the sight of the pink hair. Max ran to her hugging her legs.

"Look what he did to me!" he cried showing his fellow warlock the spots on his arms and cheeks.

"What happened here?" She asked finally finding words.

Present moment.

"Ok, so let me get this straight" paused the young warlock girl "Rafael painted koolaid polka dots on Max, because Max helped Mr. Magnus dye his hair pink and helped spread glue on Mr. Lightwood's arm.

"Superglue" interjected Alec before letting Catherine continue

"ok" she sighed "SUPERGLUE on Mr. Lightwood's arm. Mr. Magnus dyed Rafael's hair pink AND dropped the glitter because Mr. Lightwood shaved off his eyebrow."

"my good eyebrow! But yes, continue" stated Magnus.

"Right....., Mr. Lightwood only shaved off your eyebrow because you dropped flour on him from the cupboard. And Rafael helped him because you had gotten him accidentally when he went for a snack."

"Yes!" Replied the guilty four in unison.

The young girl stopped and thought it all through for a moment before bursting out into a hysterical laugh. Tears in her eyes as she only imagined what this family had gone through the past couple of days.

In between laughs she finally muttered "you are all so silly".

Magnus and Alec looked at the girl and after hearing all of the misadventures of the days they too began to laugh, followed shortly by Rafael and Max.

For the first time in days the family acted as one and laughed till everyone was out of breath and Max's cheeks were almost the same color as the spots on them.

"I'm sorry Max" replied Rafael, wrapping his arms around his younger sibling.

"me too big brother!" said the little one returning the hug.

"Magnus, I'm sorry about your eyebrow but admit it, it was funny"

"You're right Alexander, I can't imagine why I never thought of it first" The pair embraced and touched their foreheads together in between small chuckles.

With peace restored in the home they all laughed once more about their silly war and decided to simply call it a draw, besides, pranks were only good if everyone laughed together.

★Final part of the prank war contest. :D I'll be posting orginal stories next week. And If I have time another contest entry kind of story! :D 

On that side note. I AM REALLY proud of the title. xD 

Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★