2. Not the brightest

Alec still highly considered jumping out the open window. Magnus had seen him dancing around, and worse had evidence. He thought through all of his end of life decisions, had he written a will, did he tell Izzy that he loved her enough, would Magnus put glitter on his corpse in the sending away ceremony? The questions still fluttered through his head as Magnus made his way to him and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"My, what a wonderful performance, don't stop on my account" Magnus added playfully.

"I- I. I was cleaning. "the shadowhunter stuttered out finally "I can't believe you saw that"

"I liked what I saw" Magnus winked. "You should keep doing it, it was cute.

"NO!" Alec finally yelped out "you better delete that Magnus!"

"Not a chance darling" he laughed saving the image and locking his phone "Why don't you continue what you are doing?'

"I can't with you here!" he muttered.

"Are you saying that I threw off your groove?" He added with a playful wink.

Alec stopped to think about it for a moment before replying. "You know what, you actually did"

Magnus laughed softly before bowing down before Alec "My apologies emperor Kuzco, what shall I do to be forgiven?"

Alec scratched his chin before settling on an answer. "I could have you thrown out a window, but I'll be generous. You can make breakfast today while I finish cleaning"

Magnus let out a loud snicker, watching the movie about the llama had been a splendid idea. "As you wish your highness" He stated before making his way to the kitchen. Leaving the room, he heard the speakers begin to sing again.

In the kitchen Magnus mulled over what to make normally Alec cooked, and thank the angel he wasn't like his sister Isabelle who had successfully found a way to burn water the last time she attempted to made a meal. He thought it threw some more, throwing open the door to the pantry, deciding something simple would suffice he'd make an omelet.

He was dicing the carrots when Alec walked in, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"What's cookin' good lookin'?" he whispered against the curve of his neck.

"you are such a dork" Magnus laughed finishing his job with the carrots. "I am making eggs"

"sounds good!"

Breakfast went by smoothly, both eating and making conversation about what was going on in the mundane world finding it easier to discuss them than the going-ons of the downworld.

"Breakfast was great Magnus"

"Of course it was; I made it with love your highness" added the warlock with a wink. Alec's face burning red, no matter how long they could be together, he would always be bashful to Magnus' smooth words

With a snap of the fingers the dishes were gone and in the sink as the pair went to sit together in the now spotless living room. Alec threw him self back into the soft couch, Magnus sliding in to lean back against him. The pair stayed in comfort for moment.

"Alexander, can I ask something?" Magnus mused.

"You're going to ask it regardless if I say yes or no"

"That is true"

"What is it Magnus?"

"Why did you decide to clean, you know I could have just used magic?"

Alec held his breath, had he done something wrong? Was Magnus not happy with what he'd done? It took him a second before he finally whispered.

"I wanted to do something to make you happy, you know, be useful" he said barely above a whisper.

Magnus stopped and listened to the answer in shock. To make him happy? Useful??? Silly boy, what was in his head.

Magnus twisted around to look at Alec, the poor shadowhunter not meeting his eyes, choosing to rather look at a point in the carpet.

"Alexander! Look at me!" He asked as the other finally looked up, his bright blue eyes with a hint of sadness. "Darling, the fact that you are here, right now on my couch makes me happy"

"Really?" Alec asked, his eyes the personification of puppy dog eyes "I make you happy being here?"

Magnus ran his hands through his head in desperation "Of all of them, why didn't I get a brighter one! Of course you make me happy! I haven't been this happy in centuries and that is all you"

Alec beamed with pride at the thought. "I'm glad, you make me happy too."

"Good! And if you being here includes that cute little dancing in my home, then by all means, stay forever!"

"You mean that?!" Alec asked in excitement

"Of course I mean that! Oh, Alexander, for someone so smart you, well." He stopped to think of the right term. His heart excited to hear that Alec wanted to be there as much as he wanted him there. It hurt a little to think that Alexander didn't believe it himself already. He patted the top of his head gently

"At least you're pretty"

He leaned back against Alec's strong chest. He'd eventually make the boy believe that he was the sun in Magnus' universe, and in that moment just nestled in his arms, he realized he had all the time in the world.

A moment of silence passed.

"You think I'm pretty?"

Magnus let out a laugh, all the time in the world he repeated to himself. He'd need it apparently.

CREDIT TO WHOEVER DREW THE ORIGINAL PICTURES!