3. Loyalties Tested

Day 2

Magnus was proud, as he sat scrubbing the superglue off his son's hand. Originally, he had asked the little blue warlock to use glue, he hadn't thought he'd grab superglue. Superglue was far easier to remove when it was on a hand and when you were a high warlock. Now, as for arm hair and a shadowhunter, the task would be MUCH more trouble.

Magnus snickered to himself. He could hear Alec cursing in the bedroom for an angel blooded Nephilim he sure had a dirty mouth, but then again, he already knew THAT.

Done with his job Max skipped out of the room "great job papa!" his little voice chimed.

"Are you ok Alexander?" Magnus asked with a giggle.

"No" Grumpy Alec; was a gorgeous Alec, and considering the number he had done to his eyebrow it was only fair. He was still miffed about his predicament, using Magic would not work as he couldn't just create it out of nothing. And he wasn't fixing to steal someone else's eyebrow or take hair from any other part of his own body. Damn it Alexander.

Alec scratched at his arm a couple of specs falling off but not even the tip of the iceberg of the glitter than had become adhered. Showering had not helped, if anything it had only clumped it up more, it would take a deal with the devil to remove and right now Magnus wasn't going to help. Alec admitted defeat climbing into bed pulling the covers up to his chin.

"Goodnight Mags" He whispered grumpily.

"Good night my glitter love" was the reply.

Magnus awoke quietly in the night. He looked over and saw Alec was out he waited another moment listening to the soft snores that he knew Alec denied. Once he was certain he wouldn't wake up he snuck out of bed and walked slowly across the house to the boy's room. He opened the door slowly and was met with the bright eyes of Max who excitedly waited on his bed. Thankfully Rafael was a heavy sleeper, that would make this task significantly easier. Max scrambled out of bed and joined his papa's side. Mischief had no curfew. And alas, Magnus was not yet done.

Magnus tucked in Max gave him a sweet kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. He stopped in the kitchen to wash his hands, destroying the evidence, before climbing into bed alongside his beloved Alexander. It was all a matter of waiting now, and with all said and done he laughed himself quietly to sleep.

Alec woke up early again looked over at Magnus who was sleeping gently a goofy grin on his face. Alec went to the bathroom to check for any damage and was still highly disappointed the glitter had stayed intact throughout the night. He gave up any effort to remove it and went about his daily morning routine. He sat on the fire ladder and looked out to the world. A warm cup of coffee in his hands as he listened to birds and the constant bustling sounds of New York. Everything seemed fine in the world for a few minutes. Until he heard the god-awful screams from inside his home.

He bolted inside worried of what he may find he grabbed one of many blades he had hidden in his home and went towards the commotion. He was joined by Magnus in the hall heading towards the boy's shared bathroom.

"Max! Rafael!" Alec yelled down the hall and was instantly relieved when he saw the younger of the two skipping down the hall with an extra pep in his step. "Good morning daddy! Good morning papa!" He sang before Magnus picked him up gently "Good morning my little blueberry!" Still, the scream had been horrid, and the oldest of the two boys still hadn't come out.

"Rafe is in the bathroom!" answered the tiny warlock to the worried question Alec had yet to ask.

Alec took a step forward towards the bathroom his hand on the door another tightly holding a blade unsure exactly what he would find. He threw the door open and looked inside, but let it be known, whatever he was expecting was most definitely not what he found.

The water was running as the young boy inside scrubbed angrily at his head, Alec stopped and looked in shock. Instead of the boy's normal curly black locks his head was the most hideous shade of pink. Pepto-bismol was the first thing to come to mind.

"Rafe," started Alec slowly "what happened to your hair?"

Rafael stopped tugging at his hair and ran into his father's arms, meanwhile behind them Magnus snickered and Max laughed till he turned purple.

"well serves you right for your betrayal" Magnus scolded gently as Rafael still clung to his dad.

"But Papa! How could you!" he cried as Alec soothed him by patting his still soggy head.

"Rafe is pink!" proclaimed the youngest holding up his hands telltale signs of pink still on his little hands from where he'd helped Magnus spread the hair dye. Rafael looked at him "you! You did this while I was sleeping!"

The little blue boy giggled and stuck his tongue out at his brother "you started it when you helped daddy!"

"Now my boy," Magnus called out "it's simple you join my side and I'll fix your hair, easy as a snap of the fingers!" Rafael thought about it for a good minute pink hair or loyalty to his dad.

"Never!" he proclaimed grabbing Alec's hand. His loyalty would be to the one who hadn't made him look like a flamingo.

The rest of the day passed quickly, Rafael had refused to go to class as he sulked away, Magnus did not have the energy to repaint on an eyebrow. Alec had no intention of showing up to the institute with glitter on his arm. So far, Max had been the only one safe. So far.

-★Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★