2. Alec in Wonderland

Alec hit the rather dry, and incredibly hard, ground with a thud. He pulled himself together quickly, trying to understand what was happening. Literally a second ago he was falling into the stream, and now he was in a forest. He pinched himself, concerned when he felt the twinge of pain, he was very much awake. And toto, he sure as hell wasn't in Kansas anymore. He looked around his surroundings slowly, the forest itself, seemed to glow in its own ethereal light.

"Where am I?" he asked out loud. When silence answered him back he tried another approach. "Jace!"

As if on cue, Alec was knocked back onto the ground harshly. A splay of limbs on his, as he did little, but served as a safety cushion. Well, at least he knew where Jace was.

"Jace. Get off me!" he shifted for the other boy to roll off.

"Alec! Are you alright!" he cried, still on top of him.

"I'll be much better when you aren't crushing me! How'd you get here anyways?"

"Alec, I saw you falling, I heard you go into the water! And when I went to get you. You were gone! I didn't know what to think. I was scared, what if you were drowning. So, I jumped in after you. And that's all I know." He answered quickly while scrambling off of his brother.

"Strange." Muttered the dark-haired boy, as they both took in their surroundings. In their silence they heard, the faintest sounds of music. People! Their salvation, and hopefully directions on how to get home.

"That must be the party" added Jace even though Alec had already taken off.

---

"Magnus, darling" came the sultry voice of Camille at his side.

"What is it Camille?" came the response. Magnus turned to see her, a devilish smile on her face. This party although his, had her excited, only Asmodeus himself could know what horrible thoughts ran through her head.

"I know you said no magic on our guests, but even just a little?" she purred out.

Magnus with the wave of the hand gave his final answer. "If you wish to remain safely in my court, you will do well to remember. If I have said no. It is a no."

He saw Camille's lips twist in a frown, but she dared not argue further. She, like everyone else, knew not to anger the Seelie King.

"Calmado" came a more reassuring voice. Raphael sat to the right of the king. Perhaps the only warlock to be granted this honor. "If she steps out of line, I will zap her myself. She will not ruin your night" his words were not empty threats, as magic could be seen flickering between his fingers. Although Camille was older, it was no rumor, Raphael High warlock of Brooklyn had a higher power.

"This will be great! It's not every day the entire downworld and even the nephilim are here!" Came the final voice of Magnus' immediate circle. Clary, a young vampire he had practically raised since being turned sat beside his legs, her head leaning against the throne he sat on.

Right you are my little biscuit. Now children, let me remind you, this is all in good fun!" Magnus voiced out happily, he did love a party. "And what I have planned for tonight will be the talk for the next century"

He'd wanted to house this party for two reasons. For one, it was time for the downworlders to come to an agreeance, the shadowhunters were itching for fights that did not need to happen. That's why, he had invited even them! Simon Lewis from the New York institute had accepted the invitation and Meliorn Blackthorn would be joining, two representatives of the clave. Maybe then the clave could be convinced that the seelie's promises of peace were honest.

Second reason, Magnus was bored. Maybe this could bring a few new faces to satisfy his curiosity.

The party preparations were well underway, everything was on schedule and some of the guests had begun to trickle in. The colorful masks they all wore brought a warmness to his heart. This would be fun!

Camille and Raphael left him, going to join with the warlocks who were arriving. Clary had already pranced off to somewhere, the fledgling had little attention span, but was generally well behaved. That left him to sit upon his floral throne to watch the rest of the event unfold.

Magnus reached for his mask, a glorious thing of gold and jewels, placing it gently over his face. It wouldn't be long for the celebration to begin now, the court filled with music of his kind. Ragnor amongst the fellow seelies was seated with the musicians as the soft chords of song filled the air. He let himself smile, the warlock Raphael was right, nothing would be ruining this night.

Magnus turned to see Catarina stomping her way towards him. Apparently, he had spoken too soon. Catarina although a loyal Seelie to her king, was outspoken, and if her words were meant to help him she would say them.

"Your highness" she began, a halfhearted bow before the Seelie king. "We have a problem"

Magnus sat up in place. "Do we now? And is this not a problem you can solve?"

"I am afraid not. It's not one I have ever faced, and with nephilim coming to our realm. I am afraid of making an error."

"Very well. What is it?"

"Two mundanes have somehow crossed over into our world" she started.

"Mundanes?" he semi yelled out but hushed himself to not cause alarm. "how did that happen? You don't just FALL into the Seelie realm."

"I do not know, but there is another thing. Two males, a dark-haired boy and a boy with sunshine colored hair. They are both in possession of masks."

"Masks? Surely they cannot be here for the party."

"It appears so"

"Well then, let them join."

"WHAT?" she argued back in shock.

"You heard me. Let them join, give them a night they will never forget. And then we have the warlocks wipe them clean and off they go back into their safe little world"

"But what of the nephilim? Will they not take this as a breach?"

"nonsense, we did not bring them here. I assure you dear Catarina, I did not invite a mundane into my realm, and if the clave so much as asks, the truth will be sufficient."

"but are you- "

"My dearest, do you forget your place that you would argue back to your king?"

"No. my apologies. I will inform the guards. No harm to the mundanes, they will be merry, and then they will erased."

"Good! Now you are getting it" he shooed her off with the wave of his hands. Mundanes, in his court, well that was a first. What could possible go wrong? How much trouble could they possibly cause him? He smiled and sat back in his throne. Now this was going to be interesting.

-★Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★