1. Call the Fire Department

"Found you!" Alec yelled out before wrapping his arms around Magnus' waist.

"Damnit Alexander!" he yelped out in surprise. This had been a terrible idea. No matter where he hid he was found within moments. Something that frustrated him about this stupid game.

He and Alec had decided on a calm picnic in the park, just the two of them, to enjoy the peaceful autumn day. With Alec working so often, day's like this meant the world to Magnus. With food done and drinks in hand the pair had cuddled up on the soft blanket Alec had laid down on the grass.

Their hands intertwined as they relaxed in silence. Magnus lived for moment's like this, where his ideas of dates normally ended in the pair half way across the world, Alec tended to choose the simplest but ultimately most memorable dates.

This time, it had been an early morning picnic in the middle of Prospect park, with a basket full of Magnus' favorite baked sweets. It was still early in the day that not too many people were around, as the pair cherished their alone time together.

Just when Magnus' had begun to doze away against Alec's chest, the sound of giggles, awoke him. He sat up to see a handful of mundane children running around screaming, hiding behind statues and bushes, in fits of laughter.

"What are they doing?" he asked in annoyance, as Alec sat up next to him and observed.

"Looks like Hide and Seek" Alec answered before lying back down.

"What's that?"

Alec shot back up "you don't know what Hide and seek is? Seriously?"

The warlock merely shrugged his shoulders

"I had no childhood, and even I played hide and seek" he grumbled "its simple, one person counts while others hide, and then they have to find the hidden children. It's actually fun"

"fun? Really? Seems kind of repetitive" mused the warlock.

"Ok, how about we play? Could be fun, you hide until I can't find you and then we swtich and you find me!" Alec's voice had perked up in excitement, a boyish innocence in his face, one that Magnus could not say no to.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how a 400 plus year old high warlock of Brooklyn, got himself into trouble.

Everywhere he had hid Alec had found him, and although they had agreed on no tracking runes or angelic powers, Magnus couldn't seem to win. This time things would change.

"Count to 500!" he grumbled in frustration. "100 does not give me enough time! And no cheating! And no peeking!"

Alec laughed, he was having a great day, and agreed to the new terms. He sat down on one of the benches, closed his eyes, and began to count. Magnus scurried away, sure that this time he'd be successful.

It struck him as he wandered around the trees, Alec would never think to look up, and he proceeded to climb. Up and up he went through the branches finding a sturdy one and sitting down. He was excited about his new plan until he heard a little voice.

"What you doing in a tree mister?" came a little girl and her dog just looking up.

"I'm hiding" he snapped at her "now run along I don't want to be found, and you my dear will lead him to me"

"Well, you're not hiding very well"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I can see you. Whoever is looking for you will see you too. Try hiding higher behind the leaves"

Magnus pondered the idea, and ultimiately agreed as he went even higher, not stopping until even he could barely see out of the foliage.

"how about now?' he yelled down to the mundane girl.

"perfect! They'll never find you now! Good luck mister!" she waved as she ran along with her dog in tow.

Magnus felt proud of himself for a second, before he decided to look down, the ground looked so far away. Never fear, he reminded himself, this would be worth it when he finally beat Alec. He thought of how he could yell out and surprise him, imagined the face Alec would make, and laughed to himself already counting the chickens of his victory.

It was a couple of moments passed when he became bored, he should have brought his phone, as he stood on the branch to attempt to see Alec. Maybe it was the fact the tree was probably several decades years old, but a loud crack could be heard, sending shivers up Magnus spine. He hugged himself tight against the trunk too afraid to move. The ground that had looked so far away, now felt like miles, and to be honest he was terrified. Maybe he should climb down. He reached his foot down to the next closest branch, and almost died, when the branch cracked and fell beneath him. He scrambled back to his original branch, another crack, and again he hugged the tree for dear life. He was ok. He'd be ok. Alec would be here ANY moment and get him out.

 Alec would be here ANY moment and get him out

"Damnit Alexander!" was all that could be heard from the leaves.

"Great" muttered Magnus in desperation, still hugging the tree "of all the times to take your time." 

-★Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★

Updating will be a little weird these next couple of days! There is at least one more part to this,  I'm working on part two of my entry to Maleclovely's new contest, working on 2 chapters for my new story 'Running after You' and still trying to post poems on 'Through my eyes' xD Why do I do this to myself????