2. Glitter Warfare

-DAY ONE-

The flour incident faded into memory as a new day started. He knew to get Magnus back he had to be sneaky and plan properly, after all, after 5 years it would take a lot to surprise him. He snuck carefully into the boy's room waking Rafael up, the little shadowhunter was prepared, he and his dad had planned the best thing yet, and all they needed to do now, was wait. They snuck back into his parent's bedroom and he hid by Alec's side of the bed.

'Good morning muffin" Magnus said groggily wiping at his eyes, before leaning in for a kiss.

"Good morning" replied Alec looking back lovingly at his partner. "I hope you slept well. Your hair looks like a glorious haystack."

Magnus looked at him and felt at his hair cautiously. It was all there, nothing wrong with it, he didn't exactly understand his husbands comment, but nothing seemed amiss. He looked over at the mirror, still everything seemed fine, he couldn't place his finger on what exactly could be wrong.

"What did you do?" He asked, a bit scared

"Nothing!" Replied Alec innocently, a mischievous smile on his lips.

Magnus reached over to the nightstand and turned on the lights, he stared at the mirror a little longer looking for what was wrong and then he saw it. One of his MAGNIFICENT eyebrows was darker than the other. He reached up and touched his forehead and brought his hand back down noticing his fingers where covered in a dark substance. NO! no no no no NO!

He scurried to the bathroom in horror, he looked into the mirror and noticed where his finger had dragged through what appeared to be eyeliner charcoal. In horror, he reached down to his facewash and proceeded to discover what was underneath.

Rafael climbed onto the bed alongside his father and waited. And almost on cue. The loudest most pained scream rang out from the bathroom, so loud that perhaps all of New York had heard. Magnus ran out of the bathroom minus one eyebrow and noticed the razor and eyeliner on Alec's side of the bed and if looks could kill he'd be short a husband, and according to the traitorous laughs he'd be short a son as well.

"you!" he lunged at the bed "you did this! And you were in on it!"

Both shadowhunters jumped off the bed grateful that the large piece of furniture separated them from the angry warlock, both still struggling to breath in between laughs.

Just then the youngest wandered into the room still rubbing his sleepy eyes going to Magnus side and hugging his leg. "what happened papa?"

Magnus reached down and hugged his son close and leaving the room "Treason, my little blueberry horrible and treacherous betrayal" He glared over at the other half of his little family who were still laughing.

This utter betrayal would be paid for. "Ok little one" he started "lets teach your daddy and brother a lesson"

The rest of the day went by with hushed snickers and a betrayed Magnus giving dramatic sighs every time he caught his reflection.

It had taken Magnus almost an hour longer than normal to get his makeup done and looking close enough to a natural eyebrow so he could attempt to take clients. With the afternoon done, and no more clients for the day he went out to set his response in action. A woman scorned may be a dangerous thing, but nothing compared a Warlock's eyebrow wronged.

It was close to 5 when all the members of the family had returned home the children from their schools and Alec from the institute.

"Alexander" Was his only greeting to his husband a very small peck on the lips as he went back to the kitchen. Hey, he may be mad, but denying himself his lovers lips was cruel even to himself.

"Hey Magnus" Alec was ignored hoping for more than a peck "Come on Mags it isn't so bad, it will grow back in a couple of days"

"Weeks Alexander, a couple of weeks!" Magnus had googled it; his eyebrow wouldn't grow back fully for 3-5 weeks! His only reassurance was knowing that now there would be no holds barred in this little war.

Dinner was almost uneventful someone, and by someone he knew it was his blue colored child, had placed plastic spiders in the utensil drawer. Although he wasn't fond of spiders, the miniscule prank had done nothing for him, still the 5-year-old laughed when the drawer opened.

"Ha-ha very funny Max" Alex chided but knowing now that the blue child had taken Magnus' side.

The small pranks continued throughout the evening, a whoopee cushion on his chair, and another plastic spider in his cup. It was cute, Alec thought, he was trying. Through all of it, he didn't see the gleam of trouble in his Husband's eyes

They all sat together in the living room watching a mundane show that Rafael and Max were fond of. Magnus sat in his favorite chair and Alec sat on the longer sofa Rafael by his side. The show went on, a handful of shirtless males were running obstacle courses calling themselves ninja.

"Darling?" Magnus called out to Alec

"Yeah?"

"Would you like a cup of coffee?" he asked sweetly.

"Sure" answered Alec suspiciously in the sudden change of tone, naively he thought, maybe Magnus was getting over it.

Magnus went to the kitchen; his plan was in action and everything was going great.

Magnus returned to the living room with a handful of strings and a rainbow of balloons. Alec looked at him in concern.

"Here you go" Said Magnus sweetly handing his husband the balloons.

"What is this?" Alec asked looking at the balloons. On them the words 'You Win'.

"Well, you see. I was thinking, maybe I didn't have to be petty and get you back. Maybe I could just accept defeat and realize that there is more to this long life I have lead than getting even" He stated sweetly.

Alec looked at him suspiciously, that was very mature, especially for Magnus, the warlock who had burned a hole into a billboard when he had heard the actor on it had made a negative comment about his favorite show.

Still, the idea was sweet, the balloons were just the perfect amount of extra he knew Magnus to be. This was a huge step for Magnus, a huge amount of emotional growth in the warlock of 400 plus years. Throughout all this, he was so proud of his husband, that he hadn't noticed his youngest sneak up next to him and was thoroughly shocked when he felt mushy hands smear a strange goop across his forearms.

"Max! what is this??" he yelled and turned back at Magnus who had a devil's grin on his face.

"Remember" replied the warlock. "I said 'MAYBE'" as he popped the balloons in his husband's hand. A downpour of glitter rained covering him and sticking to whatever was on his arm, something that he had just realized smelled quite strongly of superglue.

-Again this is part 2 of 4 from my pranking contest! :D Sorry again for those who have read it in the past! But I did fix some grammar errors! 

★Thoughts? Comments? :D Let me know what you think! Don't forget to ★ Also are there any prompts/topics/or scenarios you'd like for me to try writing? Let me know!-★