Chapter 6 ~ the loving brothers.

Planet Regis.

Percy walked into the tent and was immediately met with six people looking at him warily.

The people sat around a table - which was for eight people - one at the head and one opposite him and three on either side.

The person at the head of the table spoke, "Umm...who are you?" His voice held uncertainty.

Percy sighed sadly. He still kept his hood up. "Oh, come on Karden! You don't recognise an old friend?" he asked.

He couldn't believe he didn't recognise him!

He knew Karden since that day when he left Earth.

They spent about two years together and then Karden had to go back to his home planet, Regis. And that was when Percy started being the assassin.

The last time he saw him was five years ago, because Karden left for a mission for the Regis Military Army, he worked for.

And Percy left to continue being the assassin.

Karden looked confused for a second. The other people in the room also knew Percy - not as personally though - but they looked just as confused as Karden at the moment.

They knew his real identity. Practically the whole army knew him, but they didn't know he was Cedmi.

Then Karden's eyes widened in realisation and Percy pulled down his hood. Karden shot up from his chair and tackled him in the bear hug while shouting, "Percy!"

The other people around the table also stood up and hugged him with smiles on their faces.

Karden looked over at Percy.

He still looked the same as ever; the jet black hair, the defined jawline, the tanned skin, and his deep-sea green eyes, which had black circles around them, and flecks of orange mixed with the sea green.

Karden smiled. "Where have you been Percy? It's been like what, five years since I last saw you?" He wondered what Percy was up to.

He knew about the assassinations over the five years, and he knew that it's Percy who's Cedmi, but Karden knows Percy only tells people he believes that deserve to know, that he's the assassin.

Him and Percy became more like brothers than friends after visiting and getting to know each other over seventy years.

"Oh, nothing much, just the usual." Percy smiled warmly at his bother. Even though they weren't connected by blood, they always were by heart.

Percy treated Karden like a younger brother, especially since he found out Karden was and is actually two years younger than him!

But Karden was made immortal once he joined the Regis Military Army, which was two years after they met.

So... technical they were the same body age. But Percy was still older, and he doesn't give a dam.

It was weird, because they act like they have known each other from birth, which they unfortunately don't, but that doesn't matter.

Percy went up to his brother and put an arm around him. Percy was taller than Karden, at about 6'0 feet while Karden is only 5'7 feet.

"Come on little bro, lets go for a walk," Percy said with a small chuckle at the end.

He gave the other people in the room a nod and Percy and Karden made their way to the tent door.

It was still night time. They walked through the woods.

They were currently in the forest on Regis, because the Regis Military Army has set up a small camp. Of course this is not the whole army.

Those people that are currently here, they are the information collectors.

A small group that go out and collect information about a certain enemy, before the army attack and kill.

Percy and Karden made their way into a small clearing that had a log in the middle. They sat on the log and watched the beauty of the forest.

After a minute Percy spoke up, with a smirk. "I talked to Chaos tonight."

The stars shone beautifully in the dark night, while the moon lightened the land.

Karden snapped his attention to Percy.

He knew Chaos had been after him for more than half a century. "What happened?" he asked, worryingly.

Percy chuckled which seemed to loosen up Karden's nervousness. "I think Lord Chaos might be getting sick of my sassy comebacks."

He smirked at the thought of Chaos's awe struck face after he left the creator of the universe alone once again.

Karden chuckled. "Oh, I have a good idea as to why he might think that." he said.

They locked eyes and laughed together. After their laughter calmed down, Karden looked at Cedmi closely.

"How are you holding up?" he asked. "And don't lie to me, I know you're not okay." He gave him a pointed look.

Percy frowned at him. "Karden, really, I'm fine," he reassured him. "She's been gone now for nearly six years—"

"And I haven't seen you in five years because she left," Karden interrupted him.

He knew that the girl they were talking about was still quite a touchy subject, but he wanted to know how Percy was doing.

She was one of Percy's closest friends that he ever had. And just like that, she decided to disappear from his life.

Without a single thought.

Karden knew that her absence hurt Percy at the start more than he would have wanted to admit.

He tried not to show his emotions that much after he was betrayed.

Karden understood why, though. If he went through something like that, then he wouldn't want to get attached to people that easy either.

"No," Percy said. "You haven't seen me in five years because you've been away on a mission for the first two, and I was busy for the last three."

Karden shook his head. "Percy, you can talk to me about Ke—"

"Don't say her name," Percy told him, anger present in his voice. Anger that he didn't bother to hide.

"Fine," Karden said. "But just know you can talk to me about her. I knew her too, a bit."

Percy nodded and for a while both of them stayed quiet. Not saying anything since they didn't know what to say.

Suddenly Percy chuckled, though. "Oh, guess who finally became the Ambassador of Planet Zene?"

Karden winced at the name of one of the most stupidest planets in the universe. "Who?" he asked hesitantly.

Percy told him the name of the new Ambassador and Karden burst out laughing uncontrollably.

He hadn't heard news this funny in many years and it was good to laugh like that again. Soon, Percy joined him in laughing.

They eventually spent the rest of the night telling each other what they did during the past five years and laughed at some bits.