Chapter 6- Lies, Confusion, Bets, and Betrayal

LISTEN TO SONG AT END! FITS PERFECTLY WITH WHAT LIAM'S GOING THROUGH NOW!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELENA'S P.O.V

"Elena. There's probably something I should tell you." Liam said, looking sad and angry at the same time.

I nodded my head for him to continue on. His warm hand grabbed mine, sending tingles all up my arm. He led me to a concrete bench in the middle of a beautiful garden with twinkling lights. It completely sealed us off from the rest of the world. He still held my hand and there was an awkward, long silence. I started humming some Adele songs I heard in the limo.

"You're a good hummer, therefore you should be a good singer."

I laughed, acknowledging the change in subject. "Is that a compliment?"

"Definitely." He smiled, his eyes twinkling in the lights. I smiled too.

Another awkward silence.

"So...what do you want to tell me?" I drawled out.

He shifted his weight, squeezing my hand and smiled weakly. He pulled out a guitar. Wait a guitar?

"I'm not good at the guitar so don't laugh...but sing with me."

He took a shaky breath and started to sing. "I, I wanna save your, wanna save your heart tonight. He'll only break ya, Leave ya torn apart oh."

I smiled knowing he was singing "Save your heart tonight." But why?

"It's a quarter to three, can't sleep at all. He's so overrated. If you told me to jump I'd take the fall. Then he wouldn't take it. " He nodded for me to join him.

I started singing with him. "All of your wants under your nose. You should open your eyes, but they stay closed, closed." 

I let him sing the chorus. "I, I wanna save your, wanna save your heart tonight. He'll only break ya, leave ya torn apart oh. I can't be no superman, but for you I'll be superhuman. I, I wanna save your, wanna save your heart tonight."

I sat still, trying to figure out why he was singing this song to me. I zoned out for the rest of the song, until I heard the song coming to a close.

"I wanna save, save ya, save you tonight."

I looked up at him, my eyebrows furrowed. He put the guitar down on the ground and grabbed my hands in both of his. What was going on?

"Liam what are you doing? What's going on?"

"I'm so sorry I have to tell you this Elena. I know you're now might be in love with Harry and stuff, but this needs to be said. I'm telling the truth," Liam said, his eyes struggling to stay locked on mine.

I nodded for him to continue.

 He sighed. "Well, uh, one night Harry was drunk, very drunk and bored. Not a very good combination. He got drunk that night you met him backstage. Anyway, he and Zayn made a bet, a promise. Which Harry never breaks."

"Get to the point Liam," I interrupted him. He was just confusing me more.

"Well, the bet, promise thing he made with Zayn---that I heard them saying while I was sitting next to them tweeting---was that...uh." 

He sighed.

 "That they find a girl who's beautiful and make them fall in love with him. Then--" He winced, "hook up with them....the things you do on the bed, you know, then dump them."

He looked at me, his eyes looking like they were piercing through my soul. I froze in shock and I felt Liam's arms wrap around me and squeeze me against his chest. But it felt like it was happening to another person. 

Could what he be saying the truth? Was he just trying to not make me fall in love with Harry? But also if he got drunk the night he met me, of course Harry would probably be talking about me. What about on the phone when he was talking to someone in the background. Was he telling Zayn that he was going to win, or he better get a move on or that he owes Harry lots of money? Or something like that?  But Harry doesn't seem like the one to do this. I heard he was a player, but not cruel. I just simply couldn't believe what he said.

Liam lightly pressed his lips against my forehead and rubbed my back. 

I ripped myself out of his grip and stood up.

"You're lying." I snapped. 

"No I'm not! I promise! I cross my heart and hope to die!"

"Be prepared to die then." I snapped, never ceasing to disappoint with the dramatics even when angry. 

He stood up, holding out his arms.

I took a step back angrily. "Don't touch me!" I snapped viciously. He dropped his arms to his side. 

"I'm not lying! I'm telling the truth, ask Zayn!" He begged, exasperated. I shook my head side to side angrily, backing up. Liam took a couple steps towards me, his hand outstretched.

"Leave me alone, Liam.  You just want my world to tumble down and have me die lonely."

"What in the--" Liam shrieked.

"I don't ever want to see your face again, ever.... I hate you." I literally spat. Liam's eyes widened and his eyes scaned my face to frantically to see if I was lying. When he didn't find any, he reached to take my hand. "Elena, please, don't...."

I spun on my heel before he could finish and ran out of the party, waiting for a taxi to arrive. I sat down on the curb and burst into tears.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN TO SONG RIGHT NOW! FITS PERFECTLY WITH WHAT LIAM'S GOING THROUGH NOW! HOPE YOU'RE LIKING IT SO FAR!