Chapter 14- Bad Surprises

Well, I upoladed. Been a while and I'm sorry. But please vote, fan and comment. I have this story planned out til around chapter 20-something. Who knows what happens then.

Anyway, read on and please check out my other stories if you already haven't. THANKS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PANG!

My eyelids flutter open and I yawn, stretching my arms above my head. Did I hear something?

PANG!

Yes, I defiantly did. I groan and carefully slide out of the bed. I check to see if Em was still asleep and she was snoring softly, her arm hanging off the bed.

PANG!

Gosh, what did this person want?! I yawn and make my way to the window. Looking down, I see Niall under the streetlight, throwing rocks at my window. How did he know this was my room? I shrug and open the window.

SWISH!

I duck to the side as a rock flies right by. "NIALL!" I whisper harshly, but loud enough for him to here. "Oops! Sorry Elena! Can you come down here?"

Why is he here? Well, I wasn't going to find out standing here. I tell him I'll be down in a few and I walk over to my closet. I slide on a random sweatshirt, I think my cheerleading summer camp one, and some TOMS. I grab my phone and shove it in the sweatshirt pocket. I quickly run down the stairs and close the front door softly behind me. I walk over to Niall who's sitting on the curb, by the streetlight.

"Hey Niall." I say hesitantly and sit beside him. He smiles softly and turns to face me. "Hi Els. I'm so sorry about Harry. He's being such a jerk. We knew he lied about you two. Especailly after we read Harry's text."

I freeze and my heart hammers against my chest, "Oh. Y-You read that?'

He nods his head, "Yeah, sorry. I can't believe he did that! What a jerk he's acting."

I nod sadly, "Yeah, but that's not all of it either." This was like deja vu. I had this conversation with Em earlier.

"It's not? Tell me all of it." He says and wraps a supporting arm around me. He's so sweet.

I take a big breath, "I didn't believe Liam. That night of the welcome home party, Liam told me that Harry made a bet with Zayn. A bet that involved me. I was a bet all along. Strung along like a little play toy. Apparently I'm a magnet for players because this is what exactly happened with Jake, my ex-boyfriend except he actually achieved his bet. Worst of all, I didn't believe Liam and ruined our friendship and broke my heart from Harry. I could've prevented it if I just believed Liam. Then Liam almost kisses me, but I politely push him away saying it wasn't right to use him when I'm in this state. He then just leaves making up a lame excuse."

I start to cry and Niall squeezes me in a friendly hug. "I'm just so confused and heart broken."

"If I'm not mistaken, I'd say Liam likes you and you like him, but you like Harry too and he likes you."

I snort "Harry does not like me."

"Then why would he not complete the bet."

I sat there, dumbfounded. Why didn't he? Did I like Liam? Well, duh, of course I do! A voice in my head nags. I sigh, I guess I do. But does Liam really like me? Was he just going to use me?

"Oh, could you please add me as a contact again?" Niall begs, pulling out of the hug.

I chuckle, "Yeah." I hand him my phone from my sweatshirt pocket and he types his number in again.

"So the interview we had to reschedule is tomorrow...." Niall trails off. I raise an eyebrow, "Okay...."

"Just putting it out there. It's live so you can watch it if you want to. It's 1 p.m. on E! News."

I nod my head, "Okay. I might watch it." He smiles softly and gets up. I quickly get up and he hugs me. "Talk later?" He asks, his eyes were pleading, hoping I'd say yes.

"Yes! How could I not talk to my baby brother?!"

He frowns, "I'm not a baby brother. If anything, I'd be your older brother."

I wave bye to Niall, "Yeah sure. Whatever floats your boat, mate." He smiles then walks off.

                                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hop on the living room couch and Em joins me.

"You're just torturing yourself." Em says, sending me a look.

"No I'm not."

Last night, I snuck back in and this morning I told Em about Niall and I's talk and I decided to watch the interview. My mum and dad were at work while my sister was at summer camp for a couple weeks. Lucky, I  never got to go to summer camp. She sighs and I turn on the TV.

"Hello and welcome back to E! News! Welcome One Direction! So how's the tour so far?"

They replied and a couple questions later, she asks a question that surprises me.

"So Liam, what was with the episode you had last time you were here?"

I freeze and feel Em tense beside me. Liam looks uncomfortable and all the boys are staring at him, expectantly. He sighs, "I felt like I was going to throw up. Turned out I had food poisoning. I wasn't feeling good." He lied. What's with the boys and lying.

The interviewer nods and the boys look from Liam to her.

"Soooooo. Relationship statuses?"

"Forever Alone!" Niall cheers. I hear the crowd protest making me and Em chuckle. We knew that wasn't true. He was too sweet and adorable.

"Taken." Zayn replies. When did he become taken? I wonder if the bet is off. Because if it isn't and he is using that poor girl, I'l swear I'll rip his head off.

"Oh really? With who?" The interviewer asks, leaning forward in interest.

"Perrie Edwards." He blushes. Me and Em "awwwww" at the TV, so does the crowd.

"Single." Harry says. I feel my heart clench a tiny bit. I guess I wasn't over him yet.

Cue dramatic sigh.

"Taken with the lovely Emma." You can guess who said that. Everyone turns to Liam.

"Taken......with Danielle Peazer." The boys whip their heads around and I feel my heart shatter. Why did I feel like this? I deep sinking feeling settled in my stomach.

Do I more than like him?

Do I..........love him?

But it wouldn't matter anymore.....now that's he taken.....with Danielle. They used to date, but then lost the feelings. Guess they rekindled their spark. Guess Niall was wrong. Liam doesn't like me. Why did he almost kiss me then? Ugh. I'm so confused and hurt.

I love Liam apparently and he's taken.

I'm devastated. Words cannot simply express how I feel. I feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest and Liam cut it into pieces and stomped on it. And more. How dare he lead me on?

I don't think I'll be able to handle this. How can I? Now I'll see news of Danielle and Liam everywhere. No matter where I go, I'll see them. How will I be able to escape?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think she'll do? Are you surprised?

Anyway, thanks for reading and all your fantastic support! You girls are simply amazayn. ;)

Love,

Someblondesaresmart <3 <3