Ch. 1

"Love is a powerful thing to have"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Danny's pov...

I start my senior year of high school today, I'm so happy to be done with high school in a few months. I never liked school growing up, sadly none of my family will be here to see my graduate. They died protecting me from the vampires.

I miss them a lot, but my classmates are like family to me, though I live on my own, they come to visit or invite me to stay with them. Though it's hard for me to have a job and go to school, I'm able to pay for food and gas and other things.

People always try to fundraise to help me out, I don't mind that they want to help me pay for the bills for the house I live in.

One thing I can't stand is vampires they think their better than us humans, well there wrong, we can look after ourselves. If you happen to be their soulmate, you can reject them. If your in the human world you can reject them with any problems, but if your in their world then the human council and the vampire council make the final decision. And they try to be fair so that we don't end up in another war.

There's less humans now, then there were during and before the war. I told everyone I would reject them no matter what.

There's one way that things won't end well if someone rejects a vampire, if the vampire is part of the royal family or is in the next line for the throne, the vampire that believes that is your soulmate, you have to visit them at least once a month or once a week, depends on how the council puts it. And that's only in the vampire world, human world doesn't care about that.

Once I got to the last class of the day, the speaker ding telling us that there's an announcement to be made for us to hear.

"Attention all students, your all invited to the vampire world to go to a ball that will be hosted there. There will be a guard at your lockers waiting to hear if you will go or not, the vampires are doing this to look for their soulmate" our principle tells all of us.

I already knew my answer, it was going to be 'no', I don't like balls, dance that we do in our world are fine, but if you go to the vampire world there might be a chance you'll not becoming home. All my friends and I were talking and we all agreed that we were not going to the ball. Our lockers are next to each other so it wasn't going to be a problem to go to our lockers then go home.

Bell rings

The class finally got over and we all went to our lockers. There was guards there waiting to hear what our answer was. I got there with my friends and the guards let us into our lockers.

"So ladies what will be your answer" one of the guards asked us.

"We're not going to the ball" We all told him.

The guard nodded and wrote it down saying were not going. We walked out of school to our cars. There was a lot of vampires outside waiting to hear back from the guards. I got into my car and started it up, I noticed someone looking at me when I opened my door.

I ignored them and drove away to my house. Riley one of my best friends is coming over tonight to have a girls night. I don't mind that she's coming over, it's Friday and weren't not going to the ball.

Later that night

Riley made it over at 5pm. I made some food for us and bought some pop for us. I put in a movie for us and it's one we both like Sing. I went to go see this movie in theaters with Riley and the others.

There was a knock on the door and it was some of my other friends. I let them in since it's the weekend and my parents wouldn't be here. I kept everything the same after my parents died. At least I'm not alone I have a little puppy that is a year old to keep me company.

"So anyone know if there's anyone from our school going to the ball" Sam asked us.

"I heard that there's some boys going because they want to see what their world is like" Riley says.

Then there was another knock on the door, and we looked out the window to see guards here. I walk over to the door with Riley to see what they want.

"Hello ladies, may we come in" the guard asked us.

"No, you may not this is the human world you can't make or force us to let you come barging in here and telling us what to do" I tell him.

"Yes I know, but the king and queen of the vampire world wanted to know if you guys would change your mind" the guard asked me.

"My answer stays the same, and i'm sure with the others as well" I tell him.

"Understood" he says to me, then leaves my house.

I smile and go back to watching the movie.