13th Strike

//Misaki

"Misa-chan," I am half-awake but I felt him hug me from the side. "I'm sorry. I love you...so much. I know I'll regret this but it's the only way."

"Hmmm?" Is all I managed to ask. I'm so sleepy. I opened one of my eyes and I saw Usui looking at me sadly. I'm suddenly awake. "What's wrong?"

He didn't let me get up. He pulled me towards him and kissed me slowly and passionately.

His left hand clutched my back and pulled me closer to him. He rolled over to be on top of me and deepened the kiss.

I couldn't control my hands roaming his hair, his face, his body. But his hands stayed on my face.

"I love you," he said when he came up for air. I felt my heart beat harder and faster but I don't know why tears fell from my eyes. "Don't cry," he lied down beside me and we faced each other.

His hands enclosed my face and he kept on wiping my tears with his thumb.

"I can't help it. Why am I crying?!"

He chuckled at my confusion. "Maybe you're still tired," he pulled me closer and let me use his hands as a pillow.

It feels so warm and comfortable that I fall asleep immediately after feeling him kiss my forehead.

____
I woke up to an empty bed and I felt it in my heart.

I got up and tried to call his phone but it said out of coverage area.

I looked around the suite to look for him but nobody's here.

I start to panic and I felt my knees weaken as I read the note I found saved on my phone 4 hours ago.

I love you, my dearest Misaki.

I'm sorry I didn't have the guts to tell the rest of this in person.

My time spent with you are the best ones. I'm never gonna forget any of it but I'm gonna have to ask you to forget yours.

I'll be living on England as the head of our family.

Gerard is dying. He only has weeks left.

I need to do this, Misa-chan. Call me an idiot, an alien, a stupid alien but I have to do this.

And, I'm sorry but please don't look for me.

-Takumi Usui

I felt tears streaming down my face. I clutched my chest. My heart felt so heavy and shattered. I can't breathe.

I felt myself coil down into a foetal position down the carpeted floor.

I should've known. I shouldn't have fallen asleep. I shouldn't have let go of him. I should've told him I love him, too.

I need to get him back.

____

A/N: I updated again today but I don't know when the next update will be. Just know that after Oct. 15, I'll have more time. Wait for me, please. I'm sorry and thank you. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Ps: anyone a fan of BTS? Go check my fanfics for them on my profile. Ehehe. 😁✌