1st Strike

//Tora

"Good morning, President Igarashi," all the students bowed as they greeted me. I smiled my most brilliant smile and greeted them back or at least nod at them.

After the long walk, I finally made it to my office. I head straight to my desk and sit on the swivel chair behind it.

"Phew, that was really exhausting!" I said. My vice-president is standing in front of me. "It's really tiring. Everyday, every hour, every minute, I have to smile and put up this fucking show like I really like those bastards. If not for their parent's money, I won't even glimpse at them!"

"Well, it was their -- our -- parents' money which made us who we are in this school." Maki deadpanned.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Had he been 'other people', he would be limping his way out of my office now... But he isn't other people.

He is the closest thing I can have for a best friend and a brother. I admired him and his maturity so I can never hate him.

I laughed at his words. "Yes, that's quite right, Maki!" He just smiled then went outside to do his responsibilities while I remain inside my office on my swivel chair lost in thought.

Am I really happy with who I am right now? Maki's right. My parents' money is the foundation of who I am. Without their money, I don't know who I really am.

"Excuse me," Maki appeared in front of me and this time he has someone with him. "President Igarashi, this student wanted to talk to you."

I stared at the boy with him. He is that really boastful guy in the chess club. I smiled my President smile. My usual smile. The fake one who can fool everyone.

"Well," he started and when I just looked at him, he continued, "it's about a student from other school. They were here a little while ago, I had demanded an apology from them because one of their students punched me last night." This is getting boring but I didn't let on. "So when they got here, the one who punched me declined my demand. A girl was with them. Apparently, she's the Student Council President," that piqued my interest. I leaned my elbow on my table and my chin on my palm. "She dragged the boy outside and after a while, they came back but instead of saying their apology, she demanded an apology from me.

"Of course I declined but she said that it was my fault I got hit by their student because I provoked them first. I don't really want to apologize so I said that if one of them can beat me on chess, I'll apologize.

"All of them were a bit uncertain and as when the President was volunteering, a boy, someone who just tagged along, volunteered. I am confident that I would win but just after some moves, I was checkmate.

"I lost and now, I had to make an apology but the boy who beat me raised the stakes before playing," he looked at me, "our Student Council President shall also apologize on public."

I felt my calm expression wavered and he took a step back. I breathe in deeply but I can't help myself, I threw what is on my table in his direction. It was a glass of orange juice.

His crisp and white uniform is now drenched in orange juice.

I sat down on my chair again, "it's your fault for being so haughty. I recognize your skills in chess but you should never be over-confident. What's more is you made me a part of the deal," my calm demeanor is back which made him tremble more. That's right, asswipe! Fear me.

I stood up and walked to him. I placed my palm on his shoulders and looked him in the eye, "but since I am a very good President, I shall oblige."

"Y-yes, President. Thank y-you. T-they'll he expecting us tomorrow in their school," he gulped and I sensed worse news. "In Seika High."

I stopped pacing the room and looked at him. He backed away from me, expecting me to hit him.

I took a seat. Then I laughed a mischievous one. I swear, this is getting more and more exciting.