Prologue

She looked me straight in the eye... Then she struck me.

What the fuck?

She struck me square in the face. And, oh boy, can she hit!

Wide-eyed I grasped the side of my face which she struck.

"That's for tricking me," she hit me again but this time I dodged it. "For kissing me," she hit, I dodge. Almost as if we're dancing. "For making me wear this shit," the rhythm continues. "For making me fee- for acting like a nice guy," she struck again but I caught her hand and held it in the air while looking at her seriously. The other came up and I easily caught it, too.

Wrong move.

I dip my head so it is level with hers. Our foreheads touched. I inched a bit more and more.

"Now's not the time," I whispered in her ears, "but next time, you'll be begging for it." I finished with a chuckle and by intentionally brushing my lips on her earlobe. I saw goosebumps formed on her skin.

I pushed myself away from her then took three steps backward. Fuck. If I'll be an inch nearer, I'm not sure if I can back away.

Her eyes, her lips, her reactions, her stubbornness, all of her just make me want to own her. To make her mine, and only mine.

But, I can't.

I can't because she's already with someone else.

Which made me more determined to win her over.