23rd Strike

//Tora

Misaki only woke up when dinner is served. We ate in silence but it's very awkward this time.

"A-"

"So when we land, we'll have 6 hours of free time, right? I can't wait to abduct Usui, that moronic alien."

So I guess she doesn't want to talk about the "kiss", if that even counts.

The rest of the flight became really uncomfortable and I decided that I should really sleep this time. I need to be in at least a good condition if I want this plan to succeed.

Eighteen more hours before I let Ayuzawa go.

______

I woke from the pilot explaining about our flight and the start of descent.

Ayuzawa's looking at the window, looking lost in thoughts.

I wonder what she's thinking. Is she happy? Is she nervous? Is she mad at me? Am I even in her mind right now?

Mom told me to stop acting like my hands are tied but how could I do that? It feels wrong to shake Misaki's heart in this situation.

It feels like there's something pressing down on my chest every time I look at her. Thirteen more hours before I have to let her go.

We're by the car before I even had the guts to talk to her.

"How are you?"

She pursed her lips and shrugged, "I honestly don't know. I'm just... torn."

Torn?

Our eyes locked and I felt like the reality just finally start to sink in.

I have this wonderful woman in front of me who might also like me but I'm gatekeeping my emotions and pushing her away. What is fairer for all of us? For me not to make a move or for me to try to rock the boat and see what happens?

"Did you sleep?" her brows furrowed from that seemingly random question.

"Wh- yes. I did."

"Good. We still have 6 hours before we hunt, might as well use that time well."

"For preparations?"

I held her hand, intertwining our fingers, and heard her stiffle a gasp. I felt her shiver a little from the little electric-like feeling we got when we touched. Our hands feels like it was molded for each other. It feels right. I kissed the back of her hand and tried my best to remove the emotional mask I always have on. I want her to know I'm baring my soul with this.

"Misaki, will you go with me on a date? I only have six more hours alone with you. I don't want to regret this. Will you? Please?"