Chapter Seven: I Don't Want to Talk.

Another Best friend's grandpa story!

So, my best friend and her grampa were walking, and they saw these people moving furniture from a house to a van. It looked like they were having a hard time, so grandpa offered to help them, and they spent the afternoon moving all the furniture from the house into the van.

The next day, the police came to her house. It turns out that the people who were moving the furniture were robbing the house and Grandpa helped them. He didn't go to jail thankfully, and everyone learned a lesson.

Luckily for me, these guys had no idea how to operate a screwdriver.

"Hand me the thing!"

"What thing?"

"The shiny one!"

"Cole, that's literally every one."

"Don't argue with me!"

While they were busy, I took in the room. It was pretty basic, with a white carpet, light green walls, a brown dresser, two night stands on either side of the floral bed, and a bathroom. And also- WAIT.

HOLD THE PHONE.

THERE WAS A PHONE!!

I ran over to the landline on the left dresser and snatched it up.

Dialing Kai, I held the phone so tight my knuckles turned white.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseease-

"Hello?"

My heart leapt. "Kai?!"

"NOELANI?! OH THANK GO-"

"Kai, listen," I cut in. "I got kidnapped by this fake ice cream truck and they took me to a small, foresty place."

"Ice cream?" He asked.

"Not now, Kai!" I hissed. "I think they are going to kill me-"

"WHAT?!"

"-so before they do, I just want you to know that I love you," I finished.

"AWWWWW NOELLE!" He cried, using my nickname. "I LOVE YOU TOO!"

"Kai, cut it out!" I ordered when I heard his crying noises.

"I'll save you," He told me. "I'll find you somehow, and whatever happens remember that you will always be-"

"-KILLED!" Aiden yelled triumphantly, marching in through the now open door. "HAHAH, we KILLED that door. DEMOLISHED it even!"

"Ok, bye," I said, and slammed the phone back down, hanging up.

After Garret, Cole and the guy whose name I still didn't know pushed through, with Miles bringing up the rear.

Miles narrowed his eyes at me. "Caroline..."

"Who-what?" I corrected quickly, almost forgetting my new name.

"If you lock us out again, we are going to have to kill you," He threatened.

I felt the color drain from my face.

"I won't lock any more doors," I said. Lie. Hehehehe.

He nodded, satisfied with my answer, and Garret offered, "Let me show you your room."

I frowned. I get a room? I don't trust it.

"And then we will all play a fun game," He finished. Ah, there it is. We were probably going to play Strangle Caroline to Death.

Garret walked out of the room, pausing in the doorway to gesture for me to follow.

I reluctantly got up after him.

We walked out of the room.

"So... How are you?" He asked.

I frowned. "Um...Eh. How are you?"

"Eh. You?" He asked.

"Er, fine. I just said that."

"Riiigght," He said awkwardly.

Thankfully we came to a stop in front of the next room down, which spared me of any further attempts at conversations.

I shut the door and peered at my new room, which was identical to the other one, just without a phone.

After conducting a quick search, I managed to find a pen and paper in the dresser's top drawer.

Well, I could use someone to talk to, so I guess a diary would work.

Just as I was about to jot down my innermost thoughts and feelings, the door opened.

To my absolute delight, standing in the doorway was Cole, holding a board game.

"Hi!" He waved. "Remember me? I'm Cole!"

I smiled. Time to make friends.

"Hi, Cole, of course I remember you," I smiled.

"YAY!" He beamed. Cole bought it, grinning in delight, and showed me his board game. "See? It's called, Making New Friends: Ice Breakers Edition. Ages four and up."

I stared. Great. Not only was I abducted, but I was being forced to play a board game that was covered with smiley faces and hearts. "Wow."

"I thought we could get a head start," He winked, walking over and hopping on my bed. It shook a bit with his weight, and he set the game down.

"I hate making friends," I mumbled, staring down at the huge deck of cards and the Friendship Road board.

"Why? Friends are people you love," Cole said, absent mindedly arranging the cards neatly.

I shrugged, "I guess. But I only love a select few."

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door.

"Pick-pocketed-pants," Cole cursed. "They're here."

Then Garret barged in, "We're heeeerreeee!"

"Where's the booze?" Aiden asked.

"BAD WORD!" Cole gasped, and pointed at him.

"Are you ready for the Friend game?" Miles asked, with an evil glint in his eyes. "Let's play."