Epilogue

Epilogue

"Dad, my friends are here!" I called upstairs to my dad in his office.

"Fine. But be safe!" He yelled back down.

I smiled at his concern. He didn't trust them one bit.

Even after I'd gotten back and explained the story, he was naturally suspicious of every new friend I made.

The story I ended up telling the police was that I was kidnapped by three men in masks that never showed their faces.

I escaped after two days by ripping the duck tape off my hands and crawling through an unlocked window on the second floor, and I spent the remainder of my days walking back to civilization.

Since they wore masks, I knew no details about my kidnappers, and after a while I think the police just gave up, which was fine with me.

But my dad never forgot it, and was more protective than ever.

But still not as protective as Kai, though he was mostly just overjoyed at my return.

Kai ended up dating Charle's sister, and me and Charles had a mutual agreement to never speak of what transpired in the woods.

Snakey died, and Charles adopted a new snake, Snakey Jr.

Yay.

Thankfully, Inky wasn't dead after all, just stunned, and she lived with me now, as happy as ever.

Anyways, I raced to the front door and opened it to see all of my new friends in their big car, honking.

"Get in!" Cate yelled to me.

''Bye, Kai!" I yelled, shutting the door behind me fast to avoid further questioning of where I was going.

Then, I hopped down the steps and ran down the driveway to their car.

They finally purchased a car with enough seats for everyone, and I took my usual spot between Cole and Aiden.

"Morning!" I sang, pulling the door shut.

Garret, who had just recently acquired his license, slammed down on the gas pedal, sending the car lurching forward.

"Where are we going?" Adeline asked from the passenger seat.

"It's a surprise!" Garret said.

Everyone groaned, and I smiled.

We pulled up in front of a grassy park with a tall stone fountain.

As everyone climbed out, I wondered what we were doing here.

Soon though, I got my answer.

As soon as we all were seated on the benches surrounding the fountain, Cole cleared his throat, and stood.

He walked in front of us, sweating.

"Hi, everyone," He began nervously. "Um, I have something to say."

We looked at him expectantly, and Adeline had a confused expression on her face.

"Adeline," He began, looking at her. "I know we have not been dating long, but I have known you for almost my whole life, and I am a man who knows what he wants. And that's two things. Cupcakes, and you."

Tears filled Adeline's eyes.

"And sure, we're young," Cole continued. "Yes, we are in our twenties, but because we are young, we are impatient. And because we are impatient, we make rash decisions that lead to huge mistakes," He broke off, walking over to hold her hand. "Adeline, I'm going to make one of the rashest decisions ever. But- I want to make the decision with you. So," He got on one knee, and pulled a small box out of his pocket.

Adeline squealed, and jumped to her feet.

"Will you-"

Before he could finish, Adeline pounced, jumping on top of him and knocking him over. They fell back against the grass, rolling over.

"YES!" She cried, hugging the life out of him.

Cole looked like he could burst of happiness, and we all stood to congratulate them.

Cole helped a joyful Adeline up, and as soon as they were both on their feet, she sprung onto him with a kiss.

Adeline threw her arms around him, and Cole's eyes widened in shock, blushing furiously.

As they pulled apart, I inclined my head to Aiden and murmured, "You better be next."

He laughed loudly at my joke, and slung a lazy arm over my shoulders. "We've got plenty of time for that."

"Cate, Caroline," Adeline gushed, "Will you guys be my bridesmaids?!"

"YES!" I cried, throwing my arms around her. Then I realized something, and pulled back. "Wait, I think I forgot to tell you all this."

Every turned toward me curiously.

I smiled, knowing I was about to rock their world. "Actually, my name is Noelani."

Their jaws dropped, and Aiden turned beet red. "WHA-"

But before he could finish, I captured his mouth with my lips.

He was right: We'd have plenty of time for that later.