Chapter Eleven: The Longest Hour of my Life.

Today was bad. I got up at seven on a Saturday to run at Cross Country Practice, and today was going to be fun. The girls were going to ambush the boys with water balloons. But- unfortunately- things didn't work out for me.

In my moment of truth, I went to throw a water balloon at KARL. I threw it with all my might, ready to embarrass him in front of all his friends, but unfortunately, the worst thing happened. I threw the balloon at him, and he CAUGHT it and THREW IT BACK AT ME! I was so embarrassed, and also very wet. KARL is the worst. And now I can never look at him the same way. Stupid KARL.

"You know what I've decided?" I asked out loud. Cate, Adeline, Cole, Garret, and Miles had all gone out to lunch, and me and Aiden were spending the past hour sitting on a couch in their living room, watching TV.

"What," He asked absently, his eyes focused on Chopped.

"If I only had a short time left to live, I'd spend it with you."

This caught his attention. He glanced in my direction and raised his eyebrows. "Um, why?"

"Because when I'm with you, it feels like years go by."

"That's what I thought."

We sat in silence again, watching the people struggle with getting food on the plate, until I complained, "This is booooring, I'm bored. Also, that bald guy can't cook."

He threw his hands up in the air out of exasperation, "Well what do you want to do then!"

"I don't know, something fun!" I replied, crossing my arms at him. "Do you need me to define that for you? Because it seems like you have no clue as to what it is."

"You're a child!" He put out there, then paused, looking at me.

"Are you waiting for something?" I asked.

"A battle of comebacks," He responded seriously.

I turned my attention back to the chefs. "Then you'd better go get some that actually make sense."

"Yeah? Well, you look weird!"

Not this again.

I tried not to laugh, and instead ignored him.

We watched the judges critique the plates.

"I'm tired of watching this," He said suddenly, and grabbed the black remote.

I watched at he pressed the Netflix button and a red screen popped up.

"What to watch..." He mumbled, flipping through movies until he stopped on a TV show.

Oh no.

"This looks good," He read. "The Vampire Diaries."

NO. I can't let him watch it.

"EEEWWWWW!" I shouted, using so much volume that I scared Aiden and he dropped the remote. "THAT IS THE WORST! DO NOT WATCH THAT OR I WILL SCREAM!"

He rolled his eyes and picked up the remote, pressing play.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-"

"OK FINE!" He yelled, clicking out of the show. Phew, we hadn't even gotten past the car scene.

"Let's do something else," I suggested.

He thought. "Does it involve us speaking?"

"No?"

"Then I'm in."