Chapter Twenty One: The Park

We all cramped into the car, and I ended up getting my own seat for once, forcing Adeline to sit on Cole. Not that they minded.

"Let's play the Car Game!" Cole suddenly exclaimed. What was it with this guy and games?

"No," Everyone groaned.

"What's that?" I asked, receiving a punch from Aiden.

"Now you've done it," He hissed.

"I'm so glad you asked!" Cole smiled. "The car game is when you creepily stare at other cars and their passengers, and then you all try to guess what they are doing. Ready?"

"Yes!" Garret grinned, the only one not dreading it.

"Begin! Me first," Cole said. He squinted, peering at the red beetle beside us. There was an old woman in the car.

"Look!" Garret exclaimed. "It's the walking dead!" Then he snickered, and no one joined him.

"Hush," Cole said. "Its my turn. They are obviously going to the hospital." He smiled. "Who's next?"

"Me!" Miles said.

"You're driving," Aiden interjected. "I'll go. The people in the car next to us are all about to-"

"Here!" Miles declared, cutting him off. Aiden gave him a nasty look, but didn't respond as we parked.

Darn! I didn't get my turn.

After the car parked, we all hopped out. Aiden fell into step beside me.

"Excited for a change of scenery?" He asked.

"Yes, not that your face wasn't my favorite scenery," I winked.

He gave me a large cheesy smile, and for once, I felt comfortable walking next to him.

I gave him a small hip bump, making him loose his balance a bit. But when I looked up at him he was smiling evilly.

Before I could protest, he hip-checked me so hard I fell into a bush.

I quickly got back up, and we both started laughing.

Cole, Miles, and Garret all turned back to us with concerned faces, probably wondering why we weren't trying to kill each other.

"Argh, shut UP!" Miles suddenly yelled. I turned to him with a confused face.

"No you," He told me. "The voice in my head."

My eyes widened, and I subtly inched away from that guy.

"Well, here we are," Garret said, gesturing with his arm to the scene in front of us. "Welcome to my work place!"

I looked at the vast forest ahead of us. There were three small benches and that was it. "All I see are trees."

"It's a park!" He said.

"Why's it so bright?" Aiden asked, squinting. "Hissssssssssssssss."

"It's the sun!" Garret said.

"What's that weird force pressing against me?" Cole complained.

"That's the wind!" Garret said.

"Why is there no food?" Cate asked.

"Because it's the wilderness!" Garret said.

"Where's the bathroom?" Adeline asked.

"In the trees," Garret told her.

"I'm bored," I said.

"Let's go home," Miles suggested.

"WHAT?!" Garret yelled. "We just got here!"

"He's right," A voice said from the forest. "You just got here."

"AHHHH!" I screamed, jumping into Aiden's arms. "THE TREES TALK!"

"No," Something said, a different voice this time. "It's us."

I squinted. "Who's us? And do you have any snacks?"

"I think I have a mint in my pocket," One more voice offered, but was then told to shut up.

To my surprise, and relief, three large stepped out from behind the foliage. I hopped off Aiden.

The tallest had a big scar running down his face, the shortest had surfer hair, and the last one wore a giant smile.

"Woah," I said, looking at them. "Nice hair!"

"Thanks," The one with surfer hair said, looking uncomfortable.

"What are you doing here?" The tall one growled. "You know this is not your territory."

"Territory?" I frowned. Then I turned to Garret, "Are you guys part of a secret gang or something? That would explain the kidnaping."

Smiley looked at me in disbelief. "She doesn't know? Is she human?"

My frown grew deeper. These guys weren't?!

Wait a second.

The strength. The anger. The way they zoned out. The growls.

Oh my gosh.

I can't believe I didn't notice it sooner.

Theses guys were VAMPIRES!

"AHHHH!" I screamed. "VAMPIRES! WARNING- YOU BITE ME, I BITE RIGHT BACK!"

"Calm down," Aiden rolled his eyes. "We're not vampires."

I sighed in relief. "Thank the lord."

"Get off, and don't come back," The tall one ordered.

"But-but my job," Garret whined. "I need cash!"

"I'm going to count to ten," Tall one said calmly. "If you're not out of here by then, we won't hold back."

"But I can't count that high!" Cole protested.

"One."

"Wait!" He panicked.

"Two."

"AHHHHH!" Cole yelled, and zoomed to the car.

"Three."

We all followed him, racing to the car.

"Four."

Somehow, I ended up in the divers seat, and we all slammed the doors shut.

"Five."

I slammed on the gas pedal, and the car lurched forward, hitting a tree.

"Six."

I quickly put the car in reverse, and backed out until we were facing the guys.

"Seven."

An idea came to me.

"Eight."

I stomped on the gas again, and we went forward.

"Nine-AHHHHH!"

I drive right into them, hitting their backs and forcing them to jump to the side.

I lowered the window and shouted, "TEN, SUCKERS! AHAHAHA!"

And I backed up again and drove the heck out of there.