Druids Army

Merlin's POV
***

"Do you know where the crystal cave is?" Arthur asked me as we rode to the place. Sir Percival and Sir Leon and a few other nights were riding with us. As much as I wanted it to be just Arthur and I, Gaius made sure there were more nights in case anything happened.

"Yes, I do," I say simply, he looks at me, I roll my eyes,

"I was there while you were at the battle," I say quietly enough so that only Arthur could hear me. His eyes widened,

"Tell me more when we are back in Camelot," he says, I nod, sighing.

"Sire, it's almost dark, should we set up camp?" Sir Leon shouted from the back, Arthur looked at me, I smiled, I love it when he values my opinion over the other knights.

"No need, Sir Leon, we are here," I say, much to everyone's surprise. We had got to the cave in record time, I just hope Gwaine is ok, and that no one dies. I don't know what I'd do if Arthur died.

"Right everyone, get off your horses and stay close," Arthur says, I stand next to him as we go in pairs to the moth of the cave.

"Ah, you came!" One of the druids said, I saw Gwaine laughing at what one of them are saying, they had some sort of camp with all the crystals. I tried not to look at them, I didn't want to see any more prophecies. Never again. I don't want to lose Arthur.

"Here he is, Gwaine!" He said and Gwaine looked up,

"Friends! You're here! Nice to see you Percival," he says and Percival gives him a look.

"Is it just me, or is something not quite right?" I whisper to Arthur and he nods.

"Yes, you're right, Merlin, something isn't what it seems. Here's our proposition, you get Gwaine the way he's always been, on one condition,"

"Name it," Sir Percival says, confidently. I rolled my eyes. It should've been Arthur who said that.

"Arthur, you allow magic to reign once more, that's all we ask," I looked at Arthur, I couldn't possibly know what he was thinking. But, with Morgana out of the picture, surely there's no more evil. Arthur's seen good, he has me as an example of that.

Arthur looks at me, I'm trying to read he's thoughts. He whispers,

"What do you think," to me, I stare a the druid,

"No evil?" I ask, confident. He laughs,

"No, the only magic that's evil around here was the old religion, and that, my friend, had died out, for only one person from the old religion remains, and I believe he has only good in his heart," he looks at me, "of course, no evil," he adds. I nod, in understanding.

"It's your choice, Arthur," I say to him, I'm hoping he says no, if I'm honest. I'm trying to get that across to him, I mean, Gwaine's already dead.

"I'm sorry, Gwaine, but there's no place for magic, it'll destroy all I've worked for, and it will destroy the peace in the land," he says and we all walked out.

"Why did you say no? You just left Gwaine to die!" Sir Percival says, outraged.

"He was already dead, I'm sorry Percival. It's just the way it has to be."

***

"Sire? You wished to see me?" I ask as I walked into his chambers, closing the door behind me. He nodded,

"What do you mean you were at the crystal cave?" I sighed, I knew I'd have to tell him sooner or later. I took a deep breath,

"When Morgana attacked, she made sure I had no magic, so that I couldn't help you, I had to go to the crystal cave, because it's where the heart of magic lies. Morgana knew I'd go there and did everything she could to stop me from saving you, I couldn't do anything till all my magic was back, that's why I wasn't at the battle,"