The Beast Part 2

Merlin's POV
***
"So Gwaine, what's it like serving to a different King," Arthur asks him, happily. We were riding in pairs, Gwaine and Arthur, Percival and me, Leon by himself. I looked at Percival, he rolled his eyes and we continued listening to the King's conversation.

"Er, well, about that- the druids put me up to it," he explained, I swear this day gets even more confusing as it goes on.

"Ah, the King of Camelot has returned," Adam says when we get to his, 'castle'. I sighed, who does this twat think he is!? Arthur smiles,

"Indeed, I have come to tell you, that you need to get rid of this so called beast, and be gone with yourself, so that the peace can be restored within the five kingdoms," he says, a little too ambitious. He looked back at me and smiled, grinning from ear to ear.  Ok, someone's going to have to stop this ridiculous behavior, before it's too late.

"Hmm, sounds like a fair offer, but I don't do fair, sorry," Adam says, not sorry at all.

"The beast has to go!" Sir Leon stepped in, getting annoyed with Adam.

"Now let me tell you about this beast, it feeds on hate, once it's attacked, the only thing that can reverse his attacks is love, so, when Arthur Pendragon fights this beast, and he will, his wife Gwen, will be all the way over in Camelot, a 5 day walk on foot, by that time, it'll be too late for Arthur, because, only a true loves kiss can cure the wounded,"

"NOO!" Percival shouted in rage and started charging to Adam, suddenly, Percival was thrown back, by great force. Oh for God's sake, don't tell me the only son and heir of Cendric, has magic...

"Percival!" Gwaine shouted and ran over to him, trying to wake him up.

"I knew I couldn't trust you, Gwaine," Adam sighs, he's about to do some magic when I manage to stop him, Adam looks confused.

"Ok, who did that!?" Ignoring the fact that Leon was still here, I stepped forward.

"I did," I say, confidently.

"You bastard! You're ruining everything!" He shouts angrily. He starts to say some stuff and I hear a roar from behind, I turn around and see the beast we've all been trying to find. I muttered a spell, trying to destroy it, but it didn't work.

"MERLIN!" I heard a shout, suddenly I was pushed out of the way, I saw Arthur charging to the beast with his sword, don't be so stupid, Arthur!

"Arthur, stop! You can't fight it!" I shouted but he didn't listen.  He stabs the beast, but it does little damage. I watch as the beast tries and hurts him. I get up, I will not let Arthur die. Not for me. I muttered a spell and we all heard the ceiling fall down, I run to grab Arthur and we all run out of the castle, escaping from the wreckage left behind. We watch from a distance as the whole castle shatters.

"Merlin," I heard a faint whisper, I looked down to where I put Arthur down. He looked stone cold. I thought I saved him!? No!!

"Arthur! Please, hold on!"