Epilogue

3rd Person POV
***
It's been exactly a year since Arthur made magic legal. To say everyone in the kingdom was shocked would be a understatement. For some people there was tears of joy, but for others, there was fear. They feared that there was still people like Morgana.

Merlin was made court sorcerer. He was still a knight, but he had other duties to Camelot. If there was ever any threat, Merlin and Arthur together were able to keep Camelot safe.

Arthur told the people of his kingdom that he had magic, which was a great shock for some people, and no suprise for others. Over all, Arthur was very, very pleased with himself.

Merlin would walk around all day long with a massive smile on his face. He saw beautiful magic being used everywhere he turned. It was almost too good for it to be true. He saw people use it for washing up, or just the household chores, and other times he was see young children, messing about and playing with it. One time, a kid accidentally started a fire, but luckily, before the kid ran away, Merlin stopped the fire and made the kid feel special, as he said it often reminded him of when he was younger, he's done something similar. He smiled at the memory of almost burning down his bedroom, before his father came in and stopped it.

There was something special in the air today, everyone could feel it, even the knights. All of everyone's favorite knights were still around, Gwaine was still, well... Gwaine.

"Can I just say, I'm proud I got Merlin and Arthur together," he smirks at his friends who rolled their eyes in unison. 

"Can someone just knock Gwaine out?" Leon says, chuckling. Gwaine looked at him in shock, and pretended to be heart broken.

"You just broke my heart, Leon," he complained, Percival punched Gwaine, while saying,

"Only I can do that, Gwaine," all of them laughed,

"I can't believe, Arthur is actually marrying Merlin today," Leon smiled. They were happy their best friends were engaged. When Arthur made same-sex marriage legal, everyone was happy. Especially Gwaine and Percival.

Everyone was getting ready for the wedding. The cooks were getting ready for the feast, there was servants running left and right, working to get things done. Merlin, however, was the most relaxed of them all as he got ready by himself in his room.

There was a knock on Merlin's door,

"Come in!" He says cheerfully, he was surprised to see Gaius, who was always like a father to him. But, his relationship with Gaius has been all over the place, Gaius was happy that magic was in Camelot, but when Arthur announced he was marrying Merlin, protective and loving for the boy made things even harder for Gaius.

"Merlin, you look wonderful, my boy," he smiles, Merlin grins. He thought that after all this time, just maybe, Gaius accepted him for who he was.

"Thank you!" Merlin replies, not quite believing his ears. Gaius sighs,

"I've always seen you like a son, Merlin, the truth is when I said it wouldn't work out, last year, I said it to keep you happy, to make sure, you wouldn't get hurt, but over time, I realised I am old, I'm set in my ways, I've finally come to realise, Arthur is who makes you happy, he's the reason you always get up in the morning, I know, and, my boy, I'm so incredibly proud of you," Gaius finished, Merlin felt a tear falling down his cheek. Smiling, he hugged Gaius. All Merlin ever wanted was to make him proud. He thought to himself, this day just couldn't get any better.

They slowly went to the throne room, as soon as they got their, the doors opened. Gaius joined the crowd as Merlin walked up the isle, with a massive smile on his face. Arthur grins, his heart still flutters everytime he sees Merlin.

They listened to the ceremony before finally, Arthur took the crown from the cushion, his hands were shaking slightly.

"I crown you King of Camelot," Arthur says, putting the crown on Merlin's head, everyone in the room was smiling. Merlin got up, holding Arthur's hand as he stood beside him, infront of the thrones. Merlin just wanted to sit down already. His legs were aching.

"Long live the King!" Arthur shouts,