Gwen's Death Part 1

Arthur's POV
***
It was strange, how Merlin just took off like that. And it's strange now, how Leon isn't letting him go anywhere. What's the part of the story they aren't telling me?! It must be really important.

When I was out cold, I could've sworn Merlin was there with me the whole time. I felt his hand holding mine for ages, I'm not complaining, I loved it.

"Let's leave them some space, right guys?" Sir Leon says, pushing Merlin to me. He looked like he'd been blushing. He looks very, cute. The other knights left to go god knows where. I smiled at Merlin, he smiled too, but he also looked... Embarrassed.

"Arthur, there's something you need to know," I frowned, he came to sit next to me, I have no idea what he's about to say.

"When the beast attacked me, you jumped in, and it got you instead," he gulps, I held his hand for support. This must be hard for him to say. He smiled,

"The only way to break the curse, or whatever, was with a true loves kiss. Adam thought, seen as we were all so far away from Camelot, he would have killed you, winning the war one last time," he continues. But Gwen's no where near hear, if she didn't kiss me, what the hell happened?

"Gwaine and I heard you talking in your sleep, you said my name," he says quietly, I start to blush. I said Merlin's name?! In my sleep?! How embarrassing is that?

"I did?" I say, Merlin chuckled lightly, before speaking.

"Yeah, he noticed how much I cared about... You, apparently because I didn't get any sleep he knew something else was going on," he explained. All that was going through my head was, how much I cared about you, it made me think... How much did Merlin care about me?

"Anyway, it was then his idea, for, well, for me to kiss you," my eyes widened. Merlin kissed me and I didn't know he did? Missed out there. Gutted.

"Wait... You were my true loves kiss?" I said, putting everything into place, Merlin nods, blushing slightly. I can't believe it! Merlin, my Merlin, loves me back! After all this time!! I couldn't contain my excitement, I hugged him, tightly. Not wanting to let go.

***
We finally got to the border of Camelot, we stood outside it for a while.

"What do we tell Gwen?" I asked the others, letting go of Merlin's hand. It felt immediately colder but I couldn't deal with that for the minute.

"Well, we could say we just killed the beast?!" Gwaine suggested. I thought about it,

"We could, I suppose, Merlin do you have any ideas?" I asked him, he looked up, he looked very distracted. I wonder what's up with him.

"No Sire, I think that's the best one," he says agreeing with Gwaine, I nodded, but something was definitely wrong. I hate it when he called me sire.  We walked through the gates when I saw one of the guards run up to us.

"Sire, you are needed! Something terrible has happened!" He says, we all run with him, it seems as though we were heading to the Throne room.

I saw Gwen lying on the ground, with Gaius looking over her with a book in his hand. What is going on?!

"Gaius! What happened!" I asked, running up to Gwen. He looked at me gravely,

"Gwen's dead,"