Chapter 10

Alishba's POV

"leave me.. Please leave me.. Don't touch me.. Leave me"

I can feel the touch of someone’s hands rubbing up and down my arm. I want to turn into those hands, but I'm still so tired.

“Alishba ” I hear my name being called to me.

His voice sounds so raspy,and strong. The hands that were rubbing my arm a few seconds ago are now shaking my body back and forth. The voice is back but sounds panicked now.

“Alishba! Wake up,Alishba.”

My eyes dart open. My body is drenched in sweat and I can feel my heartbeat racing. My cheeksare wet and my eyes are slightly blurry. I look around the room to see what could have startled me, but I see nothing. That is when I feel the tender touch of someone’s hands on me.
I turn into the hands to see a worried Zayan. He is gently caressing me with his hands as his eyes show concern. I want to reach out to him and ask him what’s wrong. I want to ease him from whatever is causing him to look the way he looks.

"What’s wrong? Are you okay?” These are the only words I can think to ask at the moment.

Zayan's eyes squint at me like he can’t believe what I just asked him.

"Alishba,... am I okay?That is…” he drags his hand through his hair as he contemplates what to say next.

“Are you okay? You were screaming in your sleep,you’re covered in sweat, and you’re shaking.”

Huh? I look over my bodyand I realize he's right. I am shaking.
“, were you dreaming?Do you want to talk about it?”

Was I dreaming? I don't think so. If I was dreaming and it affected me this much I would remember, wouldn’t I?
I adjust my body to face him completely . I raise my hands to wipe my sweaty face while I look into his eyes.
All I see in his beautiful eyes is the worry he has for me.

My gaze broke when I heard my mobile's ringtone.

"my mobile... "

"yeah...i got it from our hotel room"he said and removed my mobile from his jeans pocket. He ga e me my mobile and i looked at the caller id.

"its Rafe"

"Rafe!!!! why he is calling you"

"i don't know"

"put the phone on speaker"

"why... "

"stop asking questions..put the phone on speaker "

"Ohk.. Fine" I picked the call and put it on the speaker mode.

"Hii Rafe"

"Hii Alishba are you alright..the staff members told me everything..you got shot..how are you now.. I was so worried about you"

"relax Rafe..i am alright..dont worry "

"thank god..where is that fucking idiot.."

"thank you for the compliment " Zayan quickly said.I pressed my lips to control my smile.

"where the hell is your mobile.. I called you thousand time"

"ohh..i forgot it in the car"

"I need to talk to you right now "

"alright..boss "

"Take care Alishba..."

"thankyou Rafe and please don't tell my parents about this..they will get really worried "

"don't worry Alishba..and take care of yourself "