Chapter-17

Alishba's  POV

My heart started beating rapidly with thinking about that unknown call. Who was he? And how he know about that patient.what is Zayan hiding from me. My head was hurting thinking about everything. I let go all the thoughts. Me and Zayan both started our new life.Our relationship was finally getting better.I don't wanted to ruined everything. I'll ask about that patient to Zayan.

Over the course of several days, Me and Zayan began communicating through sticky notes, desserts, and texts. Zayan got so much busy in his new projects and I got busy in my college. Much to my relief, our texting communication came easy as long as i didn’t analyze the breaks. I’d text Zayan right up until a class started and then i’d have to stash my phone, creating an hour-long pause between texts. I realized Zayan probably did the same thing, and the pauses most likely meant he was working, not freaking out over what i typed.

Though I enjoyed e-flirting, I wished we'd have the chance to spend more time together. Our weekly planning meetings were held over the phone instead of over a meal, and usually happened during Zayan's lunch and my short break between classes. He swore that would change as soon as this project was over. Phone conversations were quick and to the point and left a lot to be desired. But this is what i’d signed up for. My finals were started and I got alot more busy. Finally the busy month was over.

I sat in the library enjoying my coffee with my favourite book. I love winter.Its my favorite season. I got a surprise text from Minal.

Big weekend. We need to shop.

I raised my eyebrow. Clicking over to my calendar in the mobile, I realized that Saturday was marked as a event. The mayor was hosting a modern style masked ball for a fundraising event, and I was scheduled to go with Zayan.

I quickly texted back: Mask???

Yep..I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 3.
She replied.

Thanks. I typed back.

********

The next afternoon, I settled into the passenger seat of Minal's car.
Minal gave me a one-armed hug hello. “How are things going?”

I shrugged. “They’re fine.”

“Are you excited about the ball?”

“More like scared out of my mind.”

Minal patted my hand. “You’ll be fine.”

I thought about it. I was pretty used to the idea that i was married. Everything was going smoothly with Zayan. I smiled as my phone chirped.

How’s your day? Zayan asked.

Good. Shopping for something for the ball.

Can you grab me something too?

I felt my skin grow cold. I’d done other odd errands for Zayan over the past month, but i’d never shopped for him. I pressed my hands to my cheeks.

“What is it?” asked Minal.

“Zayan wants me to pick him up something to wear to the ball.”

"So ...?”

“So, I’ve never shopped clothes for a man. I always gifted watch or some other guy materials to my dad and brothers but I never bought clothes for them.I have no idea what to buy for him"

“That’s why you have me. Text him back and tell him you have it covered.”

“If you say so.”