Chapter 26

**UNEDITED**

Trinity POV

"I'm home!" Liam shouts from the front door.

No shit, Sherlock.

"The food is on the dining room table, ill be there in a minute!" I shout back, hoping he doesn't notice my aggravated tone.

I grab the jug of orange juice and make my way towards the dining room.

"Everything smells good, is anyone coming over?"

I ignore his sarcastic remark and sit on the chair that's beside him.

He puts some food onto his own plate, I proceed doing the same with mine.

"Anything interesting happen today?" he asks.

"Nothing really, all I've been doing all day is feeding, changing diapers, cleaning barf up, and putting the kids to sleep. Overall, nothing much. How about you?"

He shrugs. "Met up with some friends."

We eat in silence for a few minutes, then I decide to break it.

"Liam, there something I need to tell you."

He motions for me to continue.

"I'm leaving. Just for a little while, though."

He raises his eye brown, anger evident on his face.

"Where to?"

"My parents asked me to stay with them at the cabin, a mini family getaway."

"Why don't I come along with you guys?"

"Liam... my parents really just want to spend time with their grandchildren and daughter. Plus, I think its best if we took so time away from each other. When I come back, talk things through. Properly this time."

He takes a breath, slowly becoming calmer.

"When you are leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning, they're sending a driver for me at 9."

He nods, "How long?"

"Not sure, maybe a week."

He sits there quietly, "Maybe I should drop you guys, to make sure everything is alright and all. You know how I get when you're in the hands of someone other than-"

"Liam, just stop. Don't you get that I want some time alone? I just, the more was together I feel like we're drifting farther apart. It's not just me that realizes the spark between us died so long ago. Maybe being away and not trying to think of each other is the best option."

He abruptly stood up, causing me to jump in my seat, "Why? Why do this after all we've been through. I stayed with you when you got dumped and pregnant. I put a roof over all of your head, and you telling me that the spark between us has died!"

He starts walking toward the front door, so I quickly get up from my seat.

"Liam."

He ignores me, opening the door and storms out.

"Liam! Listen to me."

He suddenly stops, turning to face me.

"I know it hurts, I know, but please don't make it seem like I used you because I never would or ever have done that. All I've felt towards you was real. I felt love towards you, I still do, very much. But everything has to come to an end, and maybe thats best for us."

He sighs, a look of pain taking over his face. "You know, I kept on putting off the fact that the love between us has faded away but deep down I didn't want to believe that. I still love you, Trinity, I never go a day without doing so, and just to make everything easier, were done."