Cannelle

Don't forget to click the vote button! It would really help with the progress of the story. <3

Riese's P.O.V

After eating breakfast and talking for about half an hour, Eishi-kun needed to leave to accomplish some Elite Ten duties. Although a part of me felt sad about his departure, I knew that his responsibilities as First Seat were quite heavy so a part of that sadness was cleared.

'Why was I sad in the first place?' I asked myself, I was getting stranger by the minute. Ugh. I shook the thoughts away and began to gather my stuff. Today, I was going to check the school and towns outside the school. I was going to pass by the Shiomi Seminar first to check if I could get some spices that I would need.

'Maybe I should call for a driver?' I decided against it and decided to be an idiot once again. I just wasn't comfortable riding a car with someone that I don't know. Because, reasons.

I walked out the house and looked at it, it was mostly brown and cream, it reminded me of my old house. I looked to the side and saw some other building and it made me curious so I decided to go look at it.

It looked like it was newly constructed, I went inside and it was some kind of a coop or a ranch.

'Oh! Maybe I could raise livestock here.' I looked at it and it could fit maybe 10 chickens and 2 cows. I preferred raising my own livestock as I knew what they were eating and how fresh their produce are.

After examining the building, I spun to walk out of the gate and saw that across it was a small building, possibly, this is where Eishi-kun's apartment is. Maybe I should go visit him later and bring him something to eat as a thank you. I stretched and began to walk, I checked the map that I found on my nightstand along with Eishi-kun's number. I followed it to the Shiomi seminar. Along the way, I saw a creepy looking mansion, and as mentioned in the map, it was the Polar Star Dormitories.

I remembered my friends in Reuder University that would stay in dorms. I sighed and realized how much I missed them. I know that I won't be back anytime soon yet. As part of the two school's program.

After 15 minutes of walking, I arrived in my destination, it was a small building. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to come out. A couple seconds later, a dark tall guy with long white hair that was tied up and green eyes came out. He had, what seemed to be, a cinnamon stick in his mouth. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow waiting for me to speak.

"Good morning, was wondering if you had this list of spices?" I showed him a piece of paper which he looked at and grunted.

"I don't think it's very wise to show your competitors what ingredients you'll be using." I gave him a small smile.

"It's alright, I'm going to get the highest mark, anyways." Confidence was probably oozing from me and the guy's expression twitched a bit. Call me arrogant, but I was just confident in my skill.

"We'll see about that, anyways,  yes we do. Jun will be happy to provide you with it." Guess that he won't be happy assisting me. "Come inside, I'll show you what a true chef's dish should taste like." I was tempted to roll my eyes, I went inside anyways and we went to a kitchen which had an array of spices. Spice heaven. I sat on one of the chairs as he began to cook.

"Akira Hayama." He broke the silence as he busied himself with putting ingredients into the pot which he wasn't looking at. From that alone, I could already tell what his ability. He must have extremely good sense of smell.

"Riese Hayashi." I sat on the chair with my legs crossed and arms crossed. He covered his pot and began making something else. He cooked with precision, perhaps similar to Eishi-kun. I wasn't a big fan of curry actually. Maybe he'll convince me that he's a good chef if he makes me like his dish.

"So you're a participant of the Autumn Elections as well." I voiced out barely catching his attention, "Group A."

"Yes." He finished his dish and served it in front of me. It's smell was heavenly, it was some kind of rice dish. I took a bite and it's taste mirrored it's smell.

"It's quite good, Hayama-kun." I complimented him, after taking another bite. "I just had breakfast earlier so I apologize if I can't finish it all."

~'~'~

Akira Hayama's P.O.V

"But it is still below the cooking of the members of Omega 7." This girl was slowly getting to me, but for some reason, I couldn't see myself getting upset with her. I was a bit disappointed as when she ate the dish her reaction did not express itself on her face. 

"What about instead of boasting about your skill, show it to me." I suggested earning a giggle from her.

"You're too impatient, you'll see during the competition." She brushed me off and stood up, "Too bad I can't crush you as we're in different groups." Cocky.

"You'll see my score anyways," she slowly made her way towards the door, "I'll be taking my leave now, I'll pass by later this week to get some spices." Her demeanor changed when she gave me a gentle smile, "But I know that what you cooked now isn't the output of your true talent." She then left me alone to my thoughts.

"I'll win the competition. Not just for Jun." I took another cinnamon stick, "but to prove you wrong Riese Hayashi."

I went over to one of the research rooms to see Jun, she was busy analyzing something and I noticed that she forgot to water the plants again, it was starting to become more of my duty now. Not that I mind. I began to water them and she noticed me.

"You're awfully quiet today, Akira-kun." 

"Just tired." I lied, I was thinking of ways to crush that girl, "Riese Hayashi passed by today. She asked if she could get some spices from you."

"Oh the exchange student?" She paused for awhile, "You made a new friend, Akira-kun?" Her eyes began to sparkle as I sighed in annoyance. More like rival.

"She's really pretty you know, maybe you could be more than friends with her." I was shocked and nearly dropped the watering can. For the first time in a long time, I lost my composure.

My cheeks flushed red and I looked at my guardian, she was laughing and taking of her glasses to wipe her tears, "I was just kidding, Akira-kun."  I grumbled profanities and decided to get some fresh air. Sometimes, Jun acted way out of character.

'Why would she even think that?'

A/N - Okaaaay, so I know this chapter was pretty short. But I'll try to make the next chapter longer! So, we have Eishi Tsukasa and now Akira Hayama? Who do you guys think that Riese will end up with in the end or who do you want her to end up with? Your comments could greatly affect the story line.

I do not own Shokugeki no Soma. Just my OC.