Forget Me Not

"Riese-chan, you'll be staying with them for a few months. Okay? Don't give a difficult time." A tall woman sternly said as she slightly nudged the shoulder of the lilac haired girl towards the couple in front of her.

The woman with snowlike hair first spoke, "She'll be in good hands, Sakuya-san." She shot the child a loving look.

"I'm sure that she'll get along well with my boy." A blackhaired male with icy white eyes chuckled. "Eishi! Come here!" He called out. Within the span of a couple of seconds, a young male with white hair similar to his mother and icy white eyes exactly like his father came out. He had a bored expression on his face, but there was a look of excitement the moment he laid his eyes upon the girl in front of him.

"Hello," He began with a smile on his face, "I'm Tsukasa Eishi." He stuck his hand out. The girl he was talking to looked at his hand and slowly took it in hers giving him a bashful smile.

"Hayashi Riese." She introduced herself, hiding her eyes underneath her bangs, "I'm glad to meet you."

~'~'~

"Eishi-kun!" The lilac-haired girl squealed as she felt a powdery substance on her face. Her male friend had wiped some of the cocoa powder, that they were using in their recipe, on her.

"You look cuter with that, Riese-chan!" He was caught off guard when she had done the same to her. Before they knew it, they were covered in cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, powdered sugar.

"What happened here?" A booming voice echoed through the kitchen. Causing the two kids to stop what they were doing and looked at the door. It was Eishi's father. His scowl suddenly turned to a smile when he walked over to them, grabbed an entire bag of flour, and poured it over the both of them.

"Father!" The two kids laughed as they looked at the mess that they were in.

"Now, as punishment." There was a mischievous smile on the older male, "Make sure this spot if spotless before dinner time." They groaned.

"Do I hear complains?"

"No, Tsukasa-san!/Father!" With that being said, the black haired male skipped out of the room, causing the two to giggle.

~'~'~

"Eishi-kun, that looks like a bunny!" Riese excitedly said as she pointed her finger towards the sky, "and that looks like a cat." She turned to the side for strangely colored eyes to be met with white. "Eishi-kun?"

"Hmm? Yeah, you're right." He smiled before looking up again, "That looks like pasta." Riese playfully hit him.

"You weren't even looking earlier, Eishi-kun!"

"I was!"

"You weren't!"

"I was!"

Their playful banter carried on and they both submitted. They just laid on the grass as the sunlight grazed their skin.

"Riese-chan?"

"Hmm?"

"I want to be the best chef someday!"

"Why, Eishi-kun?" Her question caught him off guard.

He thought carefully for awhile, then looked at her, "So that I can cook great food for you, Riese-chan." He giggled a bit before continuing, "After all, you are always hungry." His comment earned him a hit from the girl.

"When you put it that way," Riese trailed off as she looked back at the sky. "I want to be the best chef too."

"Why?"

"So that I can make food for you, too."

~'~'~

"Riese-chan!" The white haired child panted as he made his way to where his friend was standing. At the doorway of his house. She was leaving.

"Are you really leaving?" His face held sadness, his dear friend for over a year was suddenly going to be stripped away from his life. He didn't understand all this.

The girl nodded with tears in her eyes, "I am, Eishi-kun." She dropped her bags and hugged her dear friend. "I'm going to miss you."

Eishi hugged her back. His face nuzzling her shoulder. "Don't cry, Riese-chan." He stared into her eyes, "We'll meet again someday!" He held a playful smile on his face as he pinched his friend's cheeks.

"Yeah, I'll be the best chef by then!" There was determination on her face as she said these words.

"Ha, I'll be first, Riese-chan." He teased and they both laughed. The lilac haired girl suddenly got something from her pocket. It was a gold bracelet. It was simple but attractive. She handed it over to Eishi.

"Keep this, Eishi-kun. That way, you'll never forget me." A playful smile played on her face as pure joy exerted itself on her features. Her eyes were closed as she placed the bracelet on her friend's palm. She closed it with her two hands.

"I don't have anything to give you, Riese-chan." He mumbled sadly.

She giggled, "Don't worry, Eishi-kun." She reassured him. "I won't ever forget you." They hugged one last time before Riese made her way towards the door, where her mother was waiting for her. She waved her hand towards her friend who clutched the bracelet towards his chest.

Too bad that she did.

A/N - Okay, so this chapter was supposed to be longer but I decided to divide it, don't worry. The next one will come out today. So why is it short? Well. I wanted to thank you guys as The Lilac Sage is #746 in Fanfiction! It may be a small thing but it actually makes me really happy that YOU guys are supporting me. I never saw myself making a story that would go beyond 20 chapters. That a chapter would go beyond 3000 words. So it really means a lot to me. <3 I love you guys! Please continue to support this story, as well as to you silent readers out there! Not forcing you guys to vote, but it would be nice to hear you guys pitch in your views.

Let's have a game! Ask author anything! Like literally anything and I will answer it in the next chappies. Not that I think you guys are interested about me but I'd like to see if you guys can make me laugh at your questions. :P Til the next chapter, loves.