Part Two ~ Chapter Fifteen

"I could sense the way that he said Amy's name that he saw something special about her."

-Ethan

------------

Johnny, Kyle, and I traded looks at each other as we sat at a table in a circle down in the lounge. Above us the TV was buzzing with some basketball game, and although others seemed to be captivated by it, the three of us were paying no attention to what was happening in the game. We had other matters to discuss.

"Here." I slapped a note into the middle of the table without another word.

Kyle grabbed it first and scanned it, before passing it on to Johnny with a curious look on his face. "Where did you get this from?"

"Matt."

"No, seriously." Kyle didn't buy what I was saying.

"Explain," Johnny passed me back the letter from across the table. "Seriously."

I sighed. "Okay, so at the volleyball game Matt went to get the ball from the woods, and I saw that when he came back he had this weird sort of look on his face."

"Oh yeah I noticed that too!" Johnny exclaimed. "But I figured it was nothing."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I did too. Matt had been acting so strange lately, I figured it was just a normal look on his face. But during the game, I kept noticing that he would always check his back pocket as if there was something there. So after the game, I surprised my brother with a hug. I guess he was so shocked by my gesture that he didn't notice I reached into his back pocket and found, well, this." I gestured towards the note sitting on the table.

"Just what we need, another note," Johnny sighed.

"So are you going to do what the note says?" Kyle asked.

"Should I?" I looked to my friends for their opinion.

"Well, if you're truly up for it, I promise to help. And I think it'd be great to get Kathryn's letter back, because we can use all the help we can get."

I thought it over for a bit, picking up the note and scanning it in my hands. Want your letter back? Ethan must get me the key for Cabin 203 and drop it off at Alley's pointway on Monday at five, and your letter will be there waiting. No funny business, come alone or else.

"I guess I'll do it," I said with a shaky breath. "I know that everyone really wants Kathryn's letter back, it holds so many answers that we need. It's dangerous... I know Mr. Grey sent this and all he will probably do is attempt to kill me. But it's worth a shot, right?"

"Right," Kyle nodded. "We'll be there to make sure he doesn't hurt you, don't worry."

I nodded. "Just don't tell Matt. He probably never wanted me to know about the note in the first place, because he knew that I would try and get it back... He wants me to be safe, I know, but I'm older now. I'm not just his little brother anymore."

"We won't say a word," Johnny promised. "Just one thing, why does it have to be you?"

I shrugged, reading my name in the note once again. "Probably because he wants me dead the most."

"Are you sure about this?" Kyle asked me. I knew he really wanted the letter back, but he was also concerned about my safety.

"Kathryn died because she saved me," I told him. "The least I can do is get that letter back so that we all know the truth she wanted us to know."