Date Night Part 2

Suggested by: 

~1 Month Later~

Magnus, I need to see you, right now. Can you come over?

Magnus read the text from Alec and immediately portaled to Alec's apartment building. He walked in without knocking. "I got your text. What's wrong?" he called through the apartment. Alec walked out from the bathroom. 

"Oh, I didn't expect you to get here so fast," Alec said. 

"I was worried, so I portaled over. What's wrong?" 

Alec gave Magnus a slight smile before pulling something out from behind his back. He handed the item to Magnus. It was a pregnancy test. "No!" Magnus said in disbelief. He looked at the test; it was positive. "Alexander, darling, I—I don't know what to say." 

"Apparently there's a first time for everything." Alec placed his hands on Magnus' waist. Magnus threw his arms around Alec and hugged him tightly. "I take it this means you're happy?" Alec asked when Magnus let go. 

"Of course I'm happy. I'm happy a baby with the love of my life. I've never been happier," Magnus said excitedly. He leaned in to kiss Alec. Just as they were parting, Christopher popped out of his room. 

"Hi Magnus!" the boy said, his eyes lighting up with joy. 

"Chris, Magnus and I have something to tell you," Alec said. He and Magnus knelt to Christopher's level. "How would do feel about having a little brother or sister?" 

The boy began to bounce up and down, "Yes, yes, yes!" Alec and Magnus smiled at each other at Christopher's excitement. "When will they get here?" 

"Um, well, he or she is in here," Alec explained, placing a hand on his lower stomach. 

"How he get in there?" 

Magnus giggled when Alec began to blush, "Well, uh, you see..." he stammered. 

"Your daddy and I love each other so much that we were able to create a baby," Magnus cut in, saving Alec. 

Christopher nodded before going back to his room saying, "It's time for me to play now." 

Magnus and Alec stood up again. "Thank you for that," Alec said, sounding relieved. 

"You looked like you needed help," Magnus smiled. 

"What would I ever do without you?" 

"Hey, Christopher's 7, and you've done a pretty good job with him." 

"Think so?" 

"You're a wonderful father, Alec. I can't wait to have this baby with you."

~A couple months later~ 

"Hey Magnus," Alec said as he answered the door. 

"You don't look too great, Alec, are you okay?" Magnus asked, concerned over Alec. 

"I just feel a little sick, that's all," Alec explained, opening the door wider so Magnus could step in. The warlock couldn't help but smile when he noticed Alec's small baby bump. He'd been watching it develop ever since Alec told him the news. "What?" Alec asked. 

"You're beginning to show," Magnus giggled, poking Alec lightly in the stomach. 

"Stop it," Alec laughed, pushing Magnus' hand away. He sighed, "I don't feel like going out tonight. Can we just have a night in and watch a movie with Chris?" 

"I couldn't ask for a more perfect night," Magnus said. Alec smiled at him and quickly pecked his lips. 

"I'll be right back." Alec left Magnus and walked down the hall. He came back a few minutes later with Chris. 

"What movie are we watching?" Christopher asked Magnus as Alec went into the kitchen to make popcorn. 

"How about you pick." Magnus reached out to ruffle Christopher's hair. A smile grew on the boy's face as he browsed his DVD collection. "This one!" he suddenly said, holding out Toy Story. 

"Sounds great! Let's wait for your daddy to come back with the popcorn, okay?" 

Christopher nodded and set up the DVD on the TV. 

Soon, Alec came into the living room carrying three bowls of popcorn. "What'd we decide on?" 

Before anyone could answer him, Chris went up to Alec and held the DVD case toward his stomach. "We're going to watch Toy Story. It's one of my favorite movies. When you come, you and I can watch it together everyday!" Magnus shot Alec a look from the couch. 

"I'll tell you about it later," Alec explained. He and Chris joined Magnus on the couch. Alec wrapped his arm around Magnus, pulling him closer. Chris sat on the floor, but as the movie went on, he was unable to sit still and pay attention. "Come here, buddy," Alec said. Chris walked over and Alec sat him in between himself and Magnus. The boy laid his head on Alec's small baby bump and within a few minutes was able to calm down and pay attention to the movie once more. Magnus noticed this, and nudged Alec. When Alec looked at him, he motioned to Chris. 

"He's been calm ever since you sat him there." 

Alec shrugged, "I think he's already formed some attachment to the baby." 

Christopher ended up falling asleep before the movie ended. When he breathing began to slow and even out, Alec stopped the movie. "I should get him to bed," he said. Slowly and carefully, Alec lifted Christopher off his lap and carried him to his room.

"Are you okay? Do you need any help?" Magnus asked. 

"I'm fine, Magnus," Alec said back with a loving smile. Magnus still followed him down the hall and watched as Alec tucked his son into bed. Alec shut the door behind him and they both walked back out to the living room. Magnus took his place back on the couch, and Alec laid down with his head in Magnus' lap. 

"So what's this going on with the baby and Chris?" Magnus began to run his fingers through Alec's hair. 

"Like I said, I think he's already forming a bond with the baby. He talks to them all the time, and I guess they help him to relax now too."

"That's really weird, but also really cool. He's a special boy, Alexander," Magnus smiled. Alec was about to say something when Magnus continued, "makes sense though, because he is half you." 

Alec cringed slightly, "That was cheesy." 

"I know." 

"Can you imagine how our baby is going to turn out if they're half you then?" Alec teased. 

Magnus playfully smacked Alec's arm, "That was mean! Plus, you know shadowhunter blood is always dominant." 

Alec changed the subject, "Are you staying tonight?" 

"If you want me to, I will." 

"Obviously I want you to." 

Magnus noticed Alec was beginning to doze off. "Tired?" he asked. 

"Yeah." 

"Do you want to go to bed, then?" 

"Sure." Both Alec and Magnus got up and walked to the bedroom. Alec changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt and crawled under the covers. Magnus used his magic to change into a pair of pajamas and joined Alec. There was a silence as they both got comfortable. Alec suddenly broke it with, "Magnus?" 

"Yes, Alexander?" 

"I don't know if I'll be able to take care of two kids." 

"Darling, you aren't going to be on your own. This baby is mine, too. I'll help you." 

"Mags, can we move in together?" Alec asked. Magnus was rendered speechless. "Magnus?" Alec asked after a few moments had gone by. 

"Yes, Alexander, of course! I'd love to live with you." He quickly kissed Alec's lips. "But I do think we should get a new place together. One with enough room for all of us, and if we'd want more kids." 

Alec nodded, "Of course."