Alec the Klutz

This is on the shorter side, but I think it's really cute nonetheless. 

Magnus looked on one day as Jace stuck out his foot and intentionally tripped Clary. Before she fell, Jace caught her and wrapped her in an embrace. She shut her eyes tightly and gasped as she landed in his arms. He smiled at her when she opened her eyes and blushed deeply. Then he pulled her in for a small kiss. Magnus smiled at the couple. 

A couple days later, Simon did the same trick. His ended slightly differently, though. Izzy did a backflip as soon as she felt herself falling, and ended up lightly kicking Simon's feet from underneath him. He landed on the ground with a thump and an "oof." 

"That's what you get for trying to trip me," Izzy said confidently. She turned away from Simon and sashayed away, leaving Simon to watch her from the floor. 

This gave Magnus an idea. Later that day, Alec came walking toward Magnus with a huge smile on his face. Magnus stuck his foot out in front of Alec. Luckily for Magnus, Alec didn't notice and tripped over Magnus' foot. In his mind, Magnus' plan was to end up like Jace's; Magnus catching Alec gracefully and kissing him. It would be perfect. Unfortunately, Alec was not as graceful as Clary. His arms flailed, reaching out for anything to keep himself from falling. Magnus caught his arm, but it was too late. Alec pulled Magnus down to the floor with him. Alec landed on his back with Magnus on top of him. 

"Hello, Alexander," Magnus said quietly. 

Alec blushed furiously. "Oh, Magnus, um, I'm sorry, I tripped, and I didn't mean to—," he rambled as he tried to get out from underneath Magnus. 

Magnus smiled widely and stood up. He held out his hand to help Alec up. Alec gladly took the offered hand and allowed Magnus to pull him into a standing position. "Oh, Alexander, I should've known that what Jace and Simon do would never work on you." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"I watched Jace trip Clary, and Simon trip Izzy. Jace and Clary ended all cute and fuzzy, and Simon and Izzy ended with Izzy tripped Simon and walking away, leaving him on the ground." 

"That's what you tried to do to me?" 

"Yes, I wanted a situation like Jace and Clary. I wanted to catch you before you fell and pull you into a kiss, but I should've known that you'd be too clumsy for it to work." 

"Mags, I'm so sorry." Alec blushed again. 

"Alexander, stop. I love your clumsiness. That and your awkwardness makes you absolutely adorable. I never would want you to change." Magnus pulled Alec into a kiss. Alec smiled against Magnus' lips before kissing him back. 

"Thank you, Magnus." 

"For what?" Magnus giggled. 

"For always loving me, no matter what."