Cell Phone Prank

The song I used as Alec's ringtone here is called Swet by Nick Carter. I was listening to it when I was inspired to write this.

Alec slowly and hesitantly opened his eyes. He reached over and felt around on the bedside table for his phone to check the time and was surprised to find that it wasn't there. He was good about always leaving his phone to charge on the bedside table over night. Then he heard footsteps coming toward the room.

"Magnus?" Alec asked groggily.

"Oh! Alexander, you're awake?" Magnus asked. He poked his head into the room and his voice sounded slightly uneasy.

"Have you seen my phone? I swore I left it here last night."

"It's on the kitchen counter. You must've put it down there and forgot about it when you got in last night. Get up and get dressed. You have to be at the institute soon and I made you breakfast."

Alec rolled out of bed and changed into a pair of jeans and an old sweater. He then made his way to the kitchen. Magnus was standing at the breakfast bar. Alec's phone and bowl of oatmeal was in front of him.

"You made me oatmeal?" Alec questioned.

"Yes. It's high in fiber and will give you energy for training today," Magnus smiled.

Alec sat down and quickly ate. Then he kissed Magnus goodbye and left for the institute.

****

Alec was training with Jace when they heard it.

Go on drip it on me, lick that,

Look in your eyes when I'm touching your thighs

Baby all over me

Taking a ride, till we slip and you slide

Baby turn up the heat

So wet, so wet

They let it go for a couple seconds, until Alec realized his phone was vibrating in his pocket. Unfortunately, Jace noticed at the same time.

"Is that your ringtone?" Jace asked with a smirk.

"No!" Alec said quickly, his face reddening. He pulled out his phone and immediately wished he hadn't. A gasp left his lips and his face got hotter and redder. A curious Jace looked over Alec's shoulder to see what had him so shocked.

"Gahhh," Jace yelled in shock. The name, "Magic Magnus XXL" was at the top of the screen, and the picture that popped up was a selfie of Magnus, who was laying naked on the kitchen floor of his and Alec's apartment.

"I did not need to see that," Jace said, squeezing his eyes shut. "Oh my god, I literally cannot unsee it."

Alec accepted the call and put the phone to his ear.

"What the hell Magnus?" Alec said, more in surprise than annoyance.

"Oh, so it did work then?" Magnus laughed. "I was hoping it did."

"Why? When?"

"Because it would be funny, and this morning."

"You made me think I was crazy when I couldn't find my phone."

"Well, I didn't think you'd wake up when you did. I was planning on waking you after I'd put the phone back."

Alec sighed into the phone.

"I love you," Magnus said.

"Love you, too," Alec said back, unable to stop the smile that formed on his lips.