Intuition Part 3

Alec opened his eyes when he felt Magnus moving next to him. "How are you feeling, Darling?" Magnus asked.

Alec smiled at him, "Okay. My back hurts, though." He struggled to sit up with his now large stomach. He was approaching his third trimester.

"Here, let me rub your back." Magnus sat behind Alec so that Alec was between his legs. He began to massage Alec's back muscles, taking out the knots. Alec sighed heavily. Magnus moved his hands to hold Alec's pregnant belly. Alec placed his hands on top of Magnus' and interlaced their fingers. "I can feel her kicking," Magnus whispered in amazement.

"Her?" Alec smiled.

"I want a girl," Magnus pouted.

"At least we know she's still alive," Alec said happily.

"Do you want a girl, too?" Magnus changed the subject.

"I don't care, I just want another baby, and it's better than calling her an it."

Magnus was just about to kiss Alec when Max burst through the room. He climbed into the bed with Magnus and Alec. "Dad, I'm hungry," Max said to Alec, shaking his dad's arm. Alec climbed out of the bed, ruffled Max's hair, and went to make the little warlock breakfast.

A few minutes later, just as Alec was finishing cooking, Magnus came out with Max in his arms. Alec turned and set Max's plate on the table. Magnus put the boy down and let him climb into the chair and begin eating. Then Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec. Alec slowly kissed Magnus. It was a very short kiss, but Max still yelled in protest, making Alec and Magnus laugh.

Three months later, Alec went into labor. When his water broke, Magnus rushed into action: grabbing Max, helping Alec up, and portalling all three of them to the institute. When they arrived, Jace and Clary met up with them. Clary took Max for herself and Izzy to entertain. Jace helped Magnus get Alec to the infirmary.

The silent brothers helped Alec through his hours of labor. Jace helped by drawing pain relieving runes on Alec's skin. Magnus comforted Alec through the ordeal.

"Mags, what am I doing to do if she's dead?" There were tears in Alec's eyes.

"Alexander, honey, don't think that way. We won't know for sure until she arrives, okay? Everything seems okay now, and you haven't miscarried, so I think she's going to be fine."

"I already love her so much." The tears fell onto Alec's cheeks. Magnus wiped them away.

"You need to stay calm, Alec. I love her to, but remember, no matter what happens, I'm here for you, and I love you." Magnus leaned forward and kissed Alec's lips.

Soon, Alec reached the last pushes, and the baby was born. There was silence at first, and Alec's heart began to drop, but the air was filled with the newborn's cries after a couple seconds. Alec released air that he didn't realize he was holding.

"It's a girl!" exclaimed Jace.

The baby was taken to be cleaned up.

"How is she alive?" asked Jace. "The offspring of a warlock and a shadowhunter is always a stillborn; the angel blood and demon blood can't mix."

"I don't know, Jace, but I'm just happy she is," Alec replied.

Magnus grabbed Alec's hand, "What are we going to name her?"

Alec thought for a minute before saying, "Scarlett. Scarlett Lightwood-Bane."

"Perfect," Magnus said.

Scarlett was given back to Alec to hold, and Clary and Izzy brought Max to the infirmary to see his new baby sister. Max climbed on top of Alec's bed and immediately kissed Scarlett's head, making everyone smile.

A few days later, Alec was able to go home. Scarlett was asleep, so he placed her in the crib in his and Magnus' bedroom. Magnus walked into the door.

"We have a baby," Alec said in amazement, as if just realizing the fact.

Magnus smiled, "I know. I can't believe it." He wrapped his arms around Alec's waist, happy that his husband was slightly thinner. He missed holding him like this.

"Do you know what this means?" Alec asked.

Magnus thought for a moment, "I'm not going to let laid anytime soon?" he joked.

Alec laughed, "No, it means that you and I are a real family."

Magnus cupped Alec's cheek, "We became a real family the day we got married."

Alec put his arms around Magnus' neck and kissed his lips softly. He felt Magnus' hands tighten around his waist. Alec broke the kiss, much to Magnus' disappointment, but kept Magnus in his arms. The sound of small footsteps came down the hall, and Max appeared in the doorway. He walked over to Alec and Magnus. Alec picked him up to let him look at his sleeping sister. The small family was everything Alec had ever hoped for.