First Kiss

Holy shit! This story is ranked #3 in #magnus! That's freaking awesome! Also, that season 3A Shadowhunters finale though... It killed me. 

Alec took a deep breath. He quickly straightened out his sweater before knocking on Magnus' door. Magnus opened the door and couldn't help his eyes from wandering over Alec. According to Izzy, Alec had a major crush on Magnus, which Magnus reciprocated. 

"Hello Alexander, do you need something?" Magnus asked sweetly. 

There was a slight blush to Alec's cheeks, "Um, Izzy sent me here for a potion. She said you'd know what she wanted." 

"Yes, of course, she called earlier and said you'd be over. Would you like a drink before you go?" Magnus asked. 

Alec thought for a moment, "Okay, sure." 

******

"So, Alexander, tell me, have you ever had a boyfriend?" Magnus asked as he swirled his cocktail. 

Alec swallowed a sip of his (third?) drink, "I haven't actually ever dated anyone." 

"How is that?" Magnus asked in surprise. 

"Never got asked." 

"But you're so pretty," Magnus accidentally said out loud. 

"What?" Alec asked, a blush creeping up his cheeks. 

"What?" Magnus awkwardly asked back. They both laughed, letting the awkwardness dissipate. "So, since you never went out with anyone, I'm guessing you also haven't kissed anyone?" 

Alec shook his head. He didn't want to meet Magnus' eyes. Suddenly, his chin was lifted by Magnus, forcing him to look into the warlock's eyes. For just a moment, Magnus allowed his glamour to fade, showing Alec his cat-like eyes. 

Alec smiled, "You have pretty eyes." His words were slurred slightly. 

Magnus leaned in slightly, wanting to kiss Alec. Alec leaned in too, but Magnus realized something. Alec was drunk, what if he didn't want this?

"Stop," Magnus said, "Look, you aren't in the best condition right now, which is completely my fault. Why don't we pick this up some other time, perhaps when you're more sober?" 

Alec smiled and pulled Magnus closer, "But I want to kiss you." 

"Alec..." Magnus started, but Alec cut him off by touching their lips together briefly. 

"Alexander, why did you kiss me? That was your first kiss." 

"You always remember your first kiss. I wanted it to be with you." 

"Oh, Alexander," Magnus gushed. 

Suddenly, Alec's phone vibrated. It was a text from Izzy. 

Where are you? 

"Oh, ah, I gotta go," Alec said, walking to Magnus' door. 

"Wait, you forgot Izzy's potion," Magnus said, getting up and walking to his office and coming back with a small bottle in his hand. "Here." He handed Alec the potion. 

"Okay. I'm gonna go, then." 

"Um, Alexander. If you're really serious, why don't we get together some time and go on an actual date?" 

"I'd like that, but I think I'm going to kiss you again." 

Magnus smiled as Alec leaned in again. Their lips met for a longer kiss. Magnus could taste the alcohol on his breath. 

When they broke apart, Magnus smiled and said, "Go home and get sober, Alexander. I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" 

"Okay," Alec said, giggling slightly and turning around. He stumbled a little, making Magnus call him back. 

"Why don't I just portal you to the institute, just to make sure you get home safe?" 

Magnus opened a portal and he and Alec stepped into it, appearing at the institute a moment later. Izzy came down the hallway to greet them. 

"Alec! Did you get my— woah, are you drunk?" 

"Magnus made cocktails," Alec said. 

Magnus and Izzy both smiled at Alec, who giggled drunkenly. 

"I kissed Magnus, too," Alec said. 

"How much did he drink?" Izzy asked Magnus. 

"Three cocktails. He doesn't drink much, does he?" 

"No, he doesn't." 

Izzy sent Alec to his room. 

"You better not break his heart. You're his first," Izzy said to Magnus. 

"I know, he told me. As for the heart breaking, I couldn't. I wouldn't want to see him hurting." 

Izzy smiled at Magnus and gave him a quick hug. Magnus opened a portal back to his apartment. Before stepping in, he turned and said, "Can you tell me when Alec is sober so I can call him?" 

"Of course," Izzy said as she went to go take care of her brother.