Intuition

I never actually thought a book series could affect me that much, until I cried a little bit over Shadowhunters withdrawal. 

Suggested by: PrincessPeach211

The sun's rays glinted through a crack in the curtain of Alec's and Magnus' bedroom. Alec stirred, not wanting to open his eyes, but woken up by the sun. Suddenly, Magnus' lips were kissing his own. His husband's hand was on his cheek, the metal wedding ring cold against his skin. 

"Morning, Alexander," said Magnus in his scratchy morning voice. Alec grunted in response. He rolled over and buried his head in Magnus' chest with a heavy sigh. 

"Dad! Papa!" Max yelled as he ran into his parents' room and climbed onto their bed. Alec rolled onto his back to greet his son. Max crawled over to Alec, lifted his shirt, and kissed his stomach. Alec and Magnus looked at each other in confusion before turning their attentions back to the small boy who was loudly announcing he was hungry. 

"Alright, Max. Go out to the kitchen, and we'll get you something when we come out, okay?" Alec said. 

Max nodded and walked out of the room.

"Please don't make a mess," Magnus called. 

"What do you think that was about?" Alec asked Magnus as he got out of bed. 

"Kissing your stomach? I'm not sure," Magnus replied. 

"Should we just let it go?" 

"We'll see if he keeps it up. For now, I'm not too concerned." Magnus placed a comforting hand on Alec's shoulder and gave him a small kiss on the lips. Alec smiled at Magnus and interlocked their fingers as the walked out to the kitchen to make their son breakfast. 

They stood side by side at the stove, cooking pancakes and bacon. Magnus bumped his hip against Alec's, just to see him smile. They served the food once it was finished. "I want blue pancakes!" said Max. 

Magnus waved his fingers and turned the pancakes blue. "Better?" he asked Max with a grin. 

Max nodded his head, his mouth already full with food. Magnus noticed Alec wasn't eating. "Something wrong?" he asked Alec. 

Alec shrugged, "I'm not feeling too great." 

"Aw, baby, what's wrong?" Magnus immediately went into care giver mode. 

"I have a weird cramp in my stomach, and my head is pounding." 

"Why don't you go lay down? I'll be in to take care of you once I get the kitchen cleaned up?" 

Alec nodded and left the table. 

"What's wrong with Dad?" Max asked with concern.

"He's not feeling good, Blueberry, that's all." He ruffled the boy's hair. 

This routine went on for two weeks. Alec would wake up, Max would kiss his stomach, and sometimes Alec would feel sick, sometimes he'd be fine. 

"I hate to tell you this, Alexander, but I just talked to Catarina. She thinks you might be pregnant, and says you should try a pregnancy test." 

Alec looked surprised, "What? How would she know?" 

"She works as a mundane nurse, remember?" 

Alec sighed, "Okay, we can give it a shot." 

Later that day, Magnus had Alec take a pregnancy test. 

"Well, what's it say?" Magnus asked from his seat on the bathroom counter. 

Alec looked at the pregnancy test, "It's positive," he mumbled. 

Magnus jumped up, "Did you say positive?" 

Alec nodded. He couldn't believe it. 

"Alexander! We're going to have a baby!" Magnus said excitedly. He wrapped his arms around Alec, hugging him tightly. 

"Magnus," Alec said nervously, "Don't you remember about shadowhunters and warlocks?" 

The realization hit Magnus like a brick wall, "They're always stillborn..." He paused, "But, Alec, maybe this one will live." 

"The only warlock that has ever had a shadowhunter and a warlock parent is Tessa Gray. The only reason she lived was because her shadowhunter parent was stripped of their marks," Alec explained sadly. 

"Don't give up, yet, Alec. Please, don't give up."