The Lake House

The five families arrived at the lake house and they raced to get a certain parking space, but The Lamonsoff's won. Bree got out of her dad's mustang while looking at the lake house in awe. She couldn't believe how gorgeous it looked. Everyone started talking about how beautiful it was except Lenny's boys. They looked around in disgust, like they had never seen something so below them. They all started to walk to the porch when something buzzed. The sound frightened the blonde girl, making he jump back, bumping into someone.

"Hey Greg how's it going?" She asked sarcastically with a small smile on her face.

"It's going good." The two of them shared a laugh before Bree stepped away. Roxanne looked at the two of them from the corner of her eyes, a smile of her own appearing. The bug killing machine kept buzzing and Becky started to get curious. "Daddy what's that machine doing?"

"Oh it's getting rid of the moths honey." He told her. Bree could tell that he was trying to get around telling her that they were being killed.

"Where's it taking them?" She asked again.

"Hell." Marcus butt in, making Bree roll her eyes at him.

"Don't say that Higgins." Lenny said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"I'm sorry not Hell, Mexico."

"It's giving them electricity so moths fall asleep electrically." Mr. Feder tried to explain that it was killing them, but in a nice way, but Becky wasn't just a naive little girl.

"It's electricuting them?" Becky asked starting to freak out.

"No no no-"

"Daddy they're dying!"

"It's killing them?" Charlotte and Donna asked together. Bree glanced at them, wondering how they didn't know.

"No" Lenny tried to calm them down, but the thing kept buzzing,

"Daddy no!" Becky cried.

"No it's not okay!" He said walking up the stairs to the porch and turned the machine off, "They're all alright I promise."

He picked up a moth and threw it in the air, but it fell to the ground, obviously dead. "He's still sleeping."

"It's dead Dad" Greg said. Roxanne pinched the top of his arm, silently telling him to shut up. "Ow!"

"Oo a porch swing." Mama said literally pushing poor Keithie out of the way," I know what I'm doing this weekend."

She walked up the steps and walked to the swing, stepping on the moth on the way. Bree looked down at the squished moth, disgust in her features.

"Now it's dead."

The group walked inside and one of The Fab Five said "Welcome back to 1978 everybody, The Lake House."

Bree walked around the house amazed at how big it was on the inside. Donna and Bean ran over to the orcha and started to bang on it and Sally Lamonsoff was right behind them, "Ok honey you might not want to bang on that"

"But I like playing it like this."and she continued to bang on it.

"So who's getting what room?" Lenny questioned, glancing at everyone other adult in the room.

"Actually I made a map of who gets which room. I took the liberty in preserving the room with the waterbed for Glory and myself." Rob Hillard said as he held up a drawn out map of the house.

"Ooo you're gonna do the backstroke tonight." Gloria said. Bree didn't know what she meant by that and frankly, she didn't know if she wanted to or not. Apparently Donna didn't either cause she said "I wanna go swimming with you guys tonight."

Gloria started to explain what she meant ,but Sally covered her ears and said, "Oh that's ok she doesn't need to know what you meant. I don't even know what you mean."

"Oh I know what she means" Marcus commented before turning to the side,  pretending to throw up.

"Okay let's get back to the room picking. Rob would you like to take us on a tour perhaps?" Sally asked, trying her best to change the subject.

"Oh yeah I'll show you the tour."

Everyone started talking at the same time and it got really loud. Rob opened a bedroom door, "Okay here's the big daddy, the master bedroom."

"You know what? I think Lenny should have that." Eric Lamonsoff said. Roxanne started to walk to the door, not opposed to the idea of them having the bigger bedroom, but her husband stopped her.

" No no no honey honey honey! C'mon let the kids have it. It's a fun time for the kids to be together in, they can do kid things. Go share it, go share the master bedroom." He said.

Bree followed the other kids into the master bedroom, looking at something on a nightstand when Greg asked, "Hey Dad. What's the big box on the back of the TV?"

Bree rolled her eyes at his obliviousness. "That's the rest of the TV doofus."

"Not everyone had flat screens there, sport." Lenny told his two sons who still looked at the tv with curiosity.

"Wow! That is some stone age shiznit." Keithie said with a wide smile on his face.

"Yeah that's whack." Lenny said sarcastically, trying not to look at his friends, who were trying to contain their laughter.

"So is there something going on between you and Greg?"

Bree looked at her with a cocked eyebrow. She didn't fully understand why she was asking that, they had just met. "No, why?"

Charlotte shrugged her shoulders, but she could easily see the look in Greg's eyes. He couldn't stop looking at her every chance he got during the funeral.

She also saw the look of curiosity in the blonde's eyes. She was used to guys drooling over her at school, but she stays modest through it all, but with Greg it was different.

"For now. " Andre said before falling ontop of the freshly made bed. Bree scoffed before picking up a pillow and throwing it at the dark skinned boy.

Andre gasped before he picked up the other pillow, trying to hit her with it. Bree done good at dodging him until he landed a blow on her head.

The two of them continued their pillow fight, unaware of the two Feder kids watching with raised eyebrows, one with curiosity and the other with slight jealousy.

Edited 1/7/19