Cup Phones

We were all sitting in our room bored out of our minds(I was wearing this) when Becky came in crying. She ran up to me and jumped on me hugging me.

“What’s wrong Beck?” I asked her.

“My tooth came out and Mommy said she would put a dollar under my pillow. Theirs is no Tooth Fairy!” She cried. I gasped, Who would say that to their child? Maybe she didn’t know what she was doing.

“Maybe she’s one of the Tooth Fairy’s helpers.” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“The Tooth Fairy can’t collect teeth all over the world in one night! So the Tooth Fairy calls Mommies and Daddies all over the world to get the teeth and put a dollar under their pillow, and she comes by and gets it when she can.” I told her smiling.

She sniffled and looked up at me smiling, and I had a thought, “I know what we can!” I exclaimed.

“What?” They all chorused.
“Cup phones!” I said.

“What are cup phones.” Andre asked.

“Charlotte and I will show you but we need strings and some cups.” I told them.

“I can get string from my grandma’s sewing kit.” Charlotte said.

“And Becky and I will get the cups.” I grabbed Becky’s hand and we walked downstairs. We went into the kitchen and grabbed enough cups for everyone to have two. We walked back upstairs and Charlotte and I showed everyone how to make them. My two were connected to Greg and Andre. We all started talking through them to see if they work. Keithie got under the bed, Greg was standing on the bed. Becky was on a bed across the room from Greg and Keithie, Bean was in the chest, Andre was in the bathroom, Charlotte was on one of the beds, Donna was in the closet, and I was standing on the other side of the bed Becky was on.

“Greg can you hear me?” I asked through my cup phone.

“Loud and clear babe.” He replied. I smiled and blushed.

“How about you Andre can you hear me?” I asked through my other cup phone.

“Affirmative.” He replied. I giggled and Mr. Feder walked in saying “I thought we had a deal.”

“What’s up dad?” Greg asked. It was quiet, too quiet.

“Are those cup phones?” Mr. Feder asked.

“Yeah Charlotte and Bree taught us! Cool huh, hey check out Becky’s.” Keithie said. Becky held up her cups to her ears and said, “Look Dad I’m cup lady.” She then spoke through one of her cups, “I gotta call you back I’m on the SpongeBob.”

Curly starting barking through a cup phone and Bean popped out of the chest and said, “Was that a turkey?”

“Yo Andre can you hear me?” Greg asked through one of his cup phones.

“Where’s the flare do you hear me?” Andre replied.

“Oh yeah.” Was Gregs reply and we all started talking again. Mr. Feder walked into the bathroom and scared Andre and grabbed his cup phone, “Um excuse me there’s been a request from the phone company. Would you please install a cup phone in every adult bedroom. Thank you.”
We all screamed ‘Yeah’ and ran out of the room to put a cup in each adults room. I went with Greg to out one in my Dads room. When we were done we were the first ones to be back in the room. Greg quickly kissed me and we said our ‘Goodnights’

“Goodnight Dad.” I said through my cup phone.

“Goodnight sweetheart. I love you.”

“I love you too.” I put the phone away and laid down to go to sleep.

Curly started barking and Bean yelled, “Somebody kill that turkey!”
You could hear my dad laughing. I smiled and went to sleep.