Basketball Game

Mr. Feder brought us outside to see he got a horse carriage to take us the festival tonight. We all got in and I sat beside Greg, who put his arm around my shoulders. Everyone stared at us and Mr. Feder smiled.

“When did this happen?” Dad asked.

“Uhh two days ago. ” I said blushing.

I looked around to see them handing money around.

“How many of you bet on when we would get together?” Greg asked and everyone raised their hand and laughed.

Greg, Andre and I are currently standing on a floating thing in the Lake setting up our contraption to launch Andre into the air and into the water.

“Ok get take your position.” I tell Andre.

“I don’t know man this seems crazy.” He said.

“Oh come one it’ll be fun, besides I spent all morning blowing this thing up.” Greg told him.

“You should be alright.” I said.

“Should be?”

Andre got on the mat and Greg and I climbed up the ladder and stood at the top.

“You ready?” Greg asked once we were at our positioned. Andre looked up at us and nodded.

“GO!” I yelled and we held hand and jump onto the mat sending Andre into the air and down into the water. When he resurface he held his fist in the air and said, “Let’s do that again.”

Later we all gathered together and started eating watermelon. The guy from the water park approached us and Mr. Feder said, “You really wanna do this Bailey?”

“My five, against your five.” Bailey said.

“Oh boy look at this. I see the boys stayed in shape.” Mr. Feder joked as 4 other guys walked up, “Look fellas we just wanna relax and eat some watermelon if that’s alright.”

“No that’s not alright you’re not gonna weasel outta this one Feder.” Bailey told him, “Wiley snuck out of intensive care just to see you get your justice.”

“Hey Wiley how’d the field goal taste?” Mr. Feder asked.

“Haven’t heard that on. You wanna get something off the top shelf for me? Heard that one a lot.” Wiley said.

“Seriously Dickie, let us just hang out with our families and relax.” Mr. Feder said.

“Yeah they’re afraid of us.” The one eating a hotdog said.

“We’re afraid you might eat the ball before we even start.” Dad said and Greg and I laughed.

“Same old Higgins. You can talk the talk but you can’t uh I forget the rest.” The cross eyed one said.

“We got Robby here with the bad foot you won’t be able to do it right buddy?” Mr. Feder asked and Mr. Hillard stood up and said, “ I think if The Buzzer was here he’d want me to try. I think he’d want us all to try.”

“Alright let’s do this thing.” Mr. Feder said, and every person here cheered, while The Fab Five went to change. I sat down in between Becky and Greg and waited.

A minute later Keithie yelled, “Guys Look!” We all looked over to where he pointed and saw The Fab Five walking down to the court. Everyone started clapping and I laughed when Mr. McKenzie stepped on Mr. Hillard’s hurt foot.

I watched as they started to play and they scored twice. The ball soon landed in Mr. Hillards hands

“Hey guys Motion 78.” He said. Mr. Hillard passed the ball to my Dad and he moved the ball in a circle to confuse the guy trying to block him. He passed it to Mr. Lamonsoff who tricked the guy blocking him by making him thin he was going one way and he passed the ball the other way to Mr. McKenzie. The Ball bounced off his head and everybody ‘Oh’ed’. Mr. Feder grabbed the ball and shot it, of course making it and everyone cheered.

“Hey Y where’s M C A?” My dad asked Wiley which caused people around to laugh.

Curly started barking and the cross eyed guy had the ball looked around confused.

“What the hell is that? It sounds like owls having sex.” He said. While he was distracted Mr. Feder stole the ball and passed it to my dad, who made the shot.

They continued to make shots back and forth, after a while most of them got tired.

“Greggie. ” Mr. Feder called.

“Me?” Greg asked pointing at himself. I pushed him up and yelled, “Let’s go Greg!”

“Somebody fill the jug up with some boss water for the Hollywood kid.” Bailey said.

“It’s Voss with a V.” Greg told him.

“You tell em Hollywood!” I yelled.

The Feders started out with the ball, Mr. Feder passed the ball to Greg and he passed it back to his dad. He shot and scored and I cheered for them. The game continued and the Bailey’s had the ball this time. The passed the ball back and forth for a while until Dickie shot it and scored, but his foot was on the line.

“Foul his foot was on the line.” Mr. McKenzie and I yelled together.

Mr. Feder shrugged it off and said, “Next basket wins.”

The Feders had the ball, Mr. Feder passed the ball to Greg and he passed it back. Mr. Feder passed it back to Greg and he turned around acting like he was going to shoot it, but he bounced it to his dad behind his back. This is it the match point, Mr. Feders looks around and shoots the bank shot but  to everyones surprise he missed. I gasped, He gave them the win! He had to of, he never misses the bank shot! The Bailey’s rebound and shoot and score.

Bailey went around chanting “Hollywood goes down!”

I watched Greg say something to his Dad and they hug. Greg walks away and I walk up to Mr. Feder and say, “I know what you did.”

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“You threw the match.” I told him and he looked at me with a face of shock.

“How’d you know?”

“The way you looked around and the fact that you never miss the bank shot.” I say smiling. He laughs and messes up my hair. I scrunch up my nose and walk over to Greg and hug him.

“You did great Hollywood.” I tell him as he hugs me back. We pull apart and I kiss his cheek.

Later on I sat down beside Greg and we held hands as we watched the fireworks show. I leaned my head on his shoulder and I looked over and Donna and Keithie and saw them holding hands. I smiled to myself and continued to watch the pretty colors blow up in the sky.

“Alright everybody last one to stay wins!” My dad shouts and he shoots an arrow into the sky. I scream and run away still holding hands with Greg.