Walk in The Woods

After The young Higgins took a shower and put on some clothes, a pair of demons shorts and a gymnastics tee, she walked into the kids room and sat on the bed to Greg and Keithie play a game.

"So what's the point in this game? You Just go around shooting, and drowning people?" She asked. She didn't really understand the concept of what was so interesting about video games, but she never put down the people that enjoyed them.

"Yep you wanna try?" Greg asked, holding out the xbox remote to her.

The blonde shook her head, denying his request. She would only make a fool of herself anyways. "No thanks."

As soon as she grabbed her phone, Lenny came into the room, hoisting his sons over his shoulders before existing once more. "No my highscore!"

Becky followed her Dad outside, and only seconds later Marcus, Kurt, and Eric came inside to retrieve their kids as well. Bree groaned as he took her phone away from her.

"What are we going to do?" She asked, slightly hopeful that they would just let her go back inside. sure, it was a pretty lakehouse and all, but it was hot. She would prefer nothing more than to get on her phone and text Nancy Arbuckle.

"We are going for a walk in the woods." Lenny told her, earning a couple of groans in protest. A hike through the woods didn't sound to appealing because of all the bugs and only god knows what else.

The small group started walking down the path through the woods and Kurt McKenzie spoke up, "You know Greg, when we were kids your Dad used to talk us into doing the craziest stuff. I remember one time we got a shower curtain, put em in shopping carts and we went shopping cart sailing."

"Wait how did you steer?" Andre asked, the story of their crazy antics from back in the day peaked his interest, but that just sounded stupid.

"We didn't." Eric told his with a smile. The five of them were beginning to relieve their good old days of their childhood.

"How'd you stop?" Keithie and Bree asked in unison. Bree glanced over at her dad, curiosity evident.

"You just smashed into stuff, that was the fun part." Lenny explained. Bree nodded. it seemed like something four immature twelve year olds would do back in the day.

"I remember we used to shoot bottle rockets at each other. You always go for their face cause you wanna blind them." Marcus said, making his daughters eyes widened. She knew they were crazy from all the stories she's been told but seriously? Bottle rocks to the face?

"Ok that's a little much pal." Lenny retaliated. He didn't think the kids should be hearing too crazy of ideas because if they ever tried it their wives would kill them.

"No I know kids you don't wanna do that. Erase reboot." Marcus said as he moved his hands in a circular motion while making a rewind soumd.

They stopped walking when Lenny said something about making a tree fort and that he would get them started by picking up a small stick.

"I remember Rob used to live in one of those for a year." Eric said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Why." Greg asked, a look of bewilderment adorned his face. Bree turned to look at Rob Hillard with an questioning glance.

y dad took away my roller skates."

"Uh oh Vietnam flashback." Marcus joked, making the young blonde roll her eyes playfully. This small group of men was nothing but a bunch of five years olds trapped inside old peoples bodies.

Lenny gasped and rushed over to a rope hanging on a tree. He grabbed onto it before turning to look at his small group with a wide smile.

"Rope on a tree baby! You know what that means."

"We get to hang ourselves?" Charlotte answered Eric's questioned sarcastically, earning a snicker from Bree and Donna.

"Are you kidding me? You see a rope and and a lake and it doesn't make you wanna go nuts?" Lenny questioned, slightly baffled that they weren't getting the hint.

These kids were definitely being ruined.

Eric started mumbling as he walked over and grabbed the rope. Marcus pointed at the large rock behind the rope, signalling for him to get on it. The class is in session."

He got a running start and jumped. He swung over the lake and they all yelled for him to drop, but he swung back over and hit a tree. He let go and fell down the hill.

"OH" They all cried out as he rolled multiple times. Bree cringed, covering her eyes so she wouldn't have to see something terrible

"That was awesome!" Keithie shouted excitedly from beside the young Higgins.

"Oh god oh god leg snapped! The bones sticking out. Oh god I need help." Eric screamed. Bree gasped and hid her face behind her hands, not wanting to see someone's bone sticking out of their body. "It's a stick. It's a stick. I got ya!"

Bree groaned at the lameness of the joke and removed her hands from her eyes to see him doing a weird dance.

"Daddy that bird is hurt." Becky said pointing to a bird that was on the ground trying to fly away, but because of its injury it couldn't.

"Oh my God, I'll go get a shoe box." Lenny said and he walked away. Marcus moved over to help Eric up the rest of the hill.

"Hey did you really land on that bird man? "

"I'm not really sure. I did hear a chirp and a crunch like noise, but that could have been anything."

edited 1/7/19