Chapter 1

The moon was beautiful and bright. It was so huge and looked so close that I thought I could reach out for it. However, it was cold. I kept my hands in my warm, long trench coat. I closed my eyes and I began to wish on the beautiful moon. Wish for a life different than the one I had.

"Excuse me, come down from the clouds, Rose!"

I open my eyes to see Matthew in front of me waving his arms like a lunatic.

I shrug at him keeping my hands in my pockets and bump him with my shoulder, as I walk past him to cross the street. He runs catching up with me.

"Hey! Don't leave me behind!" Matthew yells.

I shake my head. "First of all, there are no clouds out Matthew, it's night time. Second of all, you ruined a special moment between the moon and I."

"Well excuse me for not wanting my friend to be late to work," Matthew tells me sarcastically.

I turn to smile at him. "Well, I appreciate the care and attention that you give me Matthew. Whatever shall I do without you?"

"Okay, okay Miss Sassy Pants," Matthew replies as he rolls his eyes.

I stick my tongue out at him. "Come on, slowpoke," I say to him as I turn the corner into the alley and to the back entrance of the restaurant.

"Rose! Matt! Finally, you guys arrived! I need you to start NOW! There is a huge bachelor party upstairs that just came in. I know they gonna need major attention." Our boss, Jameson starts yelling at Matt and I as we step into the door.

"Well sir," Matthew begins to say, "We are not scheduled for another 10 minutes."

"I'm on it, Boss!" I reply as I take off my trench coat and hang it up on the coat rack while grabbing my apron from the peg next to it. As I walk up the stairs, I throw my hair into a bun and leave my side swept bangs on my face. I could hear the crowd of men getting louder and louder as I get closer to the top of the stairs.

Prepare yourself, Rose.

***

Hiya interested readers! First of all, I would like to say thank you for reading this first chapter of many. This story will be updated frequently. So far, I have been editing the published chapters (that's because I am OCD), but I am also working on new chapters as well as bringing back to life my fanfictions. I plan on posting new chapters for Royal Affairs about 2 or 3 times weekly. 

Also, please, please, please, feel free to vote, comment, let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts on the story and characters. I welcome any feedback and criticism you would like to provide. Any questions you have feel free to add them on a comment.

Thank you! Talk to you soon!

-Azalia