Chapter 8

After dancing a few songs, I spot the waitress bring more drinks to the table and I head back to the table to take a break and have a few more drinks.

"Hey, everything okay?" Logan asks as he takes a seat across from me.

"Huh? Yeah, I just needed a little break. My legs were getting tired," I reply. "You always worry about others, don't you?"

"Heh, I'm that easy to read?" Logan chuckles sheepishly.

I laugh. "No, I'm just really good at reading people. Plus I see customers come and go, but I've never seen anyone be concerned about how the waitress is doing, let alone stand up to her boss."

"Please. I'm no hero. Your boss just needs to learn manners on how to treat other human beings. Enough about him. Is there anything else you are good at?" Logan asks.

"Well, I'd like to think that I am good at living my life to the fullest. I mean, we only have one life. So I want to make my life mean something, you know?" I shrug as I look down at the glass in my hand.

"Wow, um, that's beautiful, Rose," Logan responds.

I begin playing with my hair nervously, "uh, yeah, thanks," I say.

Really, Rose? 'Uh, yeah, thanks?' What was that?

"Honestly, hanging out with you is the most fun I have had on this whole vacation. Not that I don't enjoy the time with the boys, but I like talking with you." Logan says.

"Oh, that's kind of sweet and sad, a little bit," I respond. "I mean, you should be having fun all the time with your friends."

Logan looks at me shocked. "Well, um, I don't mean to sound like a baby, after all, it was very thoughtful that they threw me a bachelor party..."

"Wait...what? YOU are the one getting married?" I cut Logan off. as I take a shot of whiskey to cover the shock on my face from the bomb that Logan had dropped.

"Well, it's a long story, actually. Crazy thing is that I don't know who I am going to marry yet until I pick my fiancée at the end of summer." Logan dropped another bomb.

I drink another glass of whiskey from the shock.

***

Hello there! First of all, I would like to say thank you for continuing on reading Royal Affairs. I plan on posting new chapters for Royal Affairs about 2 or 3 times weekly.

Expect a short new chapter soon. Wattpad will be undergoing a platform upgrade and will be down for about 2 hours.

Also, please, please, please, feel free to vote, comment, let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts on the story and characters. I welcome any feedback and criticism you would like to provide. Any questions you have feel free to add them on a comment.

Thank you! Talk to you soon!

-Azalia