Chapter 5

I head into the kitchen with the dirty dishes from upstairs.

Matthew runs in yelling, "Rose! Rose! Oh my goodness! The bachelor party gave me a one hundred dollar tip. That's insane! Easiest four-hour shift I ever had."

I laugh and shake my head as I begin washing the dishes. "Are you gonna help me or what?" I ask Matthew.

"Fine, but this means we are going out tonight. The roommates want to go out to Club Wonder." Matthew tells me.

"Well the quicker we wash these dishes the quicker we get out of here," I remark.

"Aye, aye Captain!" Matthew says as he gets to scrubbing alongside me.

After running to the apartment building from work, Matthew and I race each other to the bathroom, barging through the main door and passing our other roommates, Omar and Tessa in the living room.

"I win!" I stick my tongue out to Matthew from the bathroom doorway.

"Hurry up and take a shower. Omar and Tessa are waiting." Matthew scoffs at me.

After my quick shower, wrapped in a towel, I run to my room and get dressed in a green dress with black sparkly heels. I do my makeup and let my curls flow down to my back. I hide the tips that I had collected for the night in my sock. As soon as Matthew was out of the shower, Omar ordered the taxi.

"Taxis here! Let's go!" Omar yelled.

Matthew came out running still trying to get his shoes on. We make it to the Club Wonder. Omar's friend, Paul, that works at as a bouncer for the club, let's us in without waiting. Omar had a table saved for us. Omar and Matthew head to the table. I head straight to the dance floor with Tessa.

This is what I needed. A night out with friends.

I turned around as a guy slapped my butt on the dance floor.

"Hey, jerk! Watch your hands!" I demanded him.

"Sorry pretty woman but I like to grab what I see," he responds to me.

Before I could say anything, a man taps his shoulder and punches him in the face. Tessa pulls me out of the way. The crowd goes wild. I get separated from Tessa as the crowd moves in.

"Tessa! Tessa!" I call out for her, searching in the masses of people.

I can't see her. There's no response from her either. A man grabs my arms and moves me out of the bewildered crowd. I look at his face.

"Theo!" I said startled.