Chapter 13

I wake up, the following day, staring at the ceiling of my bedroom.

Surely yesterday was just a dream.

I turn to my alarm to check the time. 10:00 flashes in red lights. I get up preparing myself for a new work day. I tiptoe my way to the bathroom and into the shower. I brush my teeth in the shower and within fifteen minutes, I am out of the shower drying myself. I tiptoe back into my room and get ready for work.

I head out of the house as quietly as I can. Matthew, Omar, and Tessa are all knocked out still and I wasn't going to be the one to wake them up. I close the door gently and make my down the street to the restaurant. Before I could turn into the alley to enter the back entrance of the restaurant, I stopped when I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to where the voice was coming from.

"Rose! I am so glad I could find you!" Dante said.

"Dante?! What are you doing here? I thought you guys left this morning." I asked surprised.

"Logan was the only one who had to leave in the morning. I was waiting for you, Rose" Dante replies.

"Oh?" I curiously ask.

"Truth is...well I want to cordially extend an invitation to join in on the festivities in Vellanca," Dante responds.

***

Hello there! First of all, I would like to say thank you for continuing on reading Royal Affairs. I plan on posting new chapters for Royal Affairs about 2 or 3 times weekly.

Also, please, please, please, feel free to vote, comment, let me know what you think. I would love to hear your thoughts on the story and characters. I welcome any feedback and criticism you would like to provide. Any questions you have feel free to add them on a comment.

Thank you! Talk to you soon!

-Azalia